Custom Guitar Builders

Shirate

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any luthiers who take orders for custom designed guitars. I designed a guitar I wanna build, but don't know how, and was wondering if it would be easier to have someone else build it, and how much it's gonna cost.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
send Jesse at Illustrated guitars an email: theillustratedluthier@gmail.com , he does amazing work and will build your guitar exactly the way you want!

For example:
1205061418.jpg

bulb

Reaction score
it really depends on what you are getting, so your best bet would just to be to email jesse for a quote, he is a good guy and will work with you to help you get exactly what you want!

bulb

Reaction score
I talked to jesse before he said his 7 strings start at 2200 IIRC.

Yeah but thats for a guitar with a nice top and neck since he wants his base price guitars to be really nice, however if you want it to be simpler and more straightforward it would cut a bit off the price, it cant hurt to ask, and you could even give him a price range you are trying to work within and he could see if he can do something.

Shirate

Reaction score
I'd kinda be embarrassed. I don't have any where near two grand to spend on a guitar. Maybe I should just do it myself? Anyone know of any good books to help one along when building their first guitar?

TripleFan

Rev. 0.1
Contributor
Reaction score
Short answer (I´m in a hurry):

Make Your Own Electric Guitar by Melvyn Hiscock

Building Electric Guitars by Martin Koch

Both are a good read if you want to start building.

I prefer the book by Koch.

Good luck (whatever way you choose - custom or building on your own)
Ingo