Cynic In The Studio!

• Thread starter bhakan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
ZaIyq.gif

YES!

Greyvy

Reaction score
I am very excited to see how Cynic has further evolved. It seems that they cannot write a bad album.

Hybrid138

Reaction score
I'm hoping for the best but didn't dig the last album. I LOVE Traced in Air but I doubt it'll be in that style...

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
You know, Carbon Based Anatomy wasn't terrible, it just lacked any 'substance.' 3 filler tracks and 3 actual songs was just not enough...

VacantPlanet

Reaction score
I'm pulling for a middle ground between Traced In Air and Focus. I love aspects of both, and if they managed to pull the best from both, it'd be incredible.

wankerness

Reaction score
Focus is really great and traced in air was even better but re-traced and carbon based anatomy were COMPLETELY uninteresting. I didn't like a single thing on either. I'll remain cautiously optimistic about the LP.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
blue.gif

I loved Traced in Air so I don't mind if they make another like that, but another Carbon-Based Anatomy or Re-Traced would not be my first choice

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
To be honest even if they released a full album like carbon based anatomy I would be okay with that. As long as it isn't full of shitty filler tracks like the ep. I actually really enjoyed re-traced also. I am pretty sure I will like whatever they put out, just as long as it doesn't have a bunch of ultra odd songs.

in-pursuit

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be on par for me with Focus and Traced In Air. If I really had to try and compile a list of my favourite 10 prog albums those two would definitely be in there, no question. I'll brace for the worst and hope for the best :)

Greyvy

Reaction score
Carbon-Based Anatomy was excellent imo, the "filler" tracks aren't necessarily filler. They add an atmosphere to the album. That being said, I wouldn't mind if Cynic made another album a la CBA, but knowing Cynic, their sound will progress even further away from past releases.