DC800 Owners: How is the forearm contour on the guitar?

• Thread starter lewstherin006
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
So I just ordered a DC800 and im wondering what is the forearm contour like? I sent back my last 8 string, which was a Schecter Damien Elite, because I didnt like the way my forearm hit the body. The side of the guitar was wasnt smooth and it hurt my forearm. Is the DC800 conformable in the forearm area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
The forearm cutout is somewhat subtle on the one I have but I have never been bothered by it at all. I actually had to get it out of the case and see how it was after I read your post. So ... yeah it was a non- issue for me. :)

Brohoodofsteel75

Reaction score
So I just ordered a DC800 and im wondering what is the forearm contour like? I sent back my last 8 string, which was a Schecter Damien Elite, because I didnt like the way my forearm hit the body. The side of the guitar was wasnt smooth and it hurt my forearm. Is the DC800 conformable in the forearm area?

Yes very

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
The arm contours on Carvins feel great. Better than Ibanez, Schecter, and ESP/LTD imo. I've owned and have played many carvins and love them all. Super comfy all around. You won't regret it.

sear

Reaction score
The forearm contour, has others said, is quite subtle. You don't get a deep contour like on some guitars, however, what I find is that resting my forearm naturally on the guitar, my hand lines up pretty pick perfectly with the bridge - no awkward switching or repositioning required when I move around. It's just enough so that you don't have an edge pressing into your elbow, without having to wrap your wrist around.

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
The only other guitars I find the contour to be more comfy than Carvin are on Tom Anderson and Suhr guitars. Of course, with a $4k+ price-tag, they better be damn comfortable! :p

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
By the way, I LOVE your username/avatar and the Wheel of Time reference! \m/

lewstherin006

Reaction score
LetsMosey said:
By the way, I LOVE your username/avatar and the Wheel of Time reference! \m/

thanks! its kinda become the name I use for anything on the internet

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score
The forearm contour is one of my favourite things actually. I usually find the contour on most guitars far too much, but on the DC800 it's nice and subtle. Very comfortable for me.

Cremated

Reaction score
The whole guitar in general is pretty comfortable. I've always adapted to most neck profiles easily but had issues with the forearm contours on some guitars, so I understand your worry. My fretting hand works pretty effortlessly while my picking hand is a bitch.