Deal of the Century (Not bad for $75)

• Thread starter asmegin_slayer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
Finally got around to seeing this. Love reading everyone's experiences of similar situation. lol

It was charity.

The guy gave it to you under the guise of a great deal. No deal is that good.

I'm surprised you didn't do the right thing and offer more.

He feels good about himself, and got to look you in the eye.

I wasn't in the position to do so at the time. It goes without saying, the nice gentleman was in agreement with price and he had no qualm about it. If anything else, it has given me some positive self reflection by doing something positive for another person no matter how big or small in the future.

Jeffrey Bain

Reaction score
Finally got around to seeing this. Love reading everyone's experiences of similar situation. lol

I wasn't in the position to do so at the time. It goes without saying, the nice gentleman was in agreement with price and he had no qualm about it. If anything else, it has given me some positive self reflection by doing something positive for another person no matter how big or small in the future.

Ya sound like a nice guy and scored a heck of a deal. Stoked for you pal!

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
F YOU BUDDY!!!!!

Yeah, I'm jealous!! :lol:

OK... well.... congrats!! <says while kicking dirt and shrugging with a frown in jealousy> :p

Awesome deal man... and yes I'm jealous!!! hahaha

Rev.

NightFlight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Lucky OP, HNCD!

mesa OS is something I would miss really badly. It’s so effin amazing how amps feel through that cab. Awesome man

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
damn what a steal. meanwhile people in my area are trying to move mesa 1x12s for 300+$ lol

Excellent score. I got a 1960A for $100 in a similar deal. Dude sold his JCM800 half stack, but the buyer didn’t want the cab, and payed the full asking price.

I also notice that, at least in Seattle, 412’s routinely go for quite a bit less than 212’s, and roughly the same price as 112’s :lol: Either way, that’s a killer price on a great cab.
A dude in my area is trying to sell a Morgan 2x12 with Black Shadows for $500. Should I offer him $450 or just wait for him to drop his price further? I’m not in a rush to grab it, lol.

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
This is why there is literally tons of overpriced used gear sitting for sale gathering dust :lol:
Tons of stuff like that on Reverb too.

Then you figure they add in sales tax for most states after the fact and you cold pay basically the same price for buying it new.