Democratic Primary thread

• Thread starter Drew
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You do know they aren't actually friends right? These are politicians not people. They will do or say anything they think they need to in order to get elected.
I wouldn't rule it out, actually. Harris became friends with Beau Biden when Biden was the AG of Delaware and she was the AG of California. They worked closely together while they were in office and used each other as sounding boards.

Could be a simple convenient media narrative, Harris reconciling with her dead friend's father in part because of the admiration the younger had for the other, but it's also extremely plausible. And, it's not like the elder Biden didn't develop a close friendship with the President he worked with - their bromance is the stuff of legends.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Speaking of Democrat primaries and Muslims, MSM were working overtime to push a narrative of Talib and Omar losing to moderate candidates in the days leading up and they both won handily.

I think MSNBC and CNN should be playing “Trump will win” nonstop until November so people vote and we don’t let the 2016 complacency take hold.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Kristin Urquiza, who’s father passed away after 5 days alone on a respirator from Covid-19, which he contracted at a karaoke bar in Arizona, a State that re-opened early, speaking on the DNC broadcast:

“My father was a healthy 65 year old, who’s only pre-existing condition was trusting Donald Trump”

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
trump tells old people to go party?

Well yes- He recommended the early re-opening of the country saying we don’t need masks and it’s ok to go out as usual, which this gentlemen trusted to be true, which obviously wasn’t the case.

Many people opposed to lockdown or masks just wanted a haircut, or go out to eat and drink and yes party!

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
This whole "Oh this causes spreading but not protests?" thing went out the window the moment Sturgis decided to still happen.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
i guess karaoke is deadly, but protests of thousands, encouraged by dems, isn't.

I understand both sides of this and all the "variables" in terms of people's needs/ wants. While individuals should indeed be held accountable for their actions and for utilizing common sense, a country in the midst of a growing pandemic requires decisive and responsible leadership... especially in a country like the US where so many citizens take their cue from their governors and their president. Elected officials trivializing this pandemic has only served to create an even more volatile/ hazardous environment. Had local/ state/ federal representatives come together in their leadership roles and not downplayed the seriousness of this situation then there absolutely would have been fewer infections and subsequent deaths.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
i guess karaoke is deadly, but protests of thousands, encouraged by dems, isn't.
In debate, an appeal to hypocrisy is considered a logical fallacy. Not that I believe you were attempting to be logical lol, just letting any poor fool who thought it was an intelligent comment to make know otherwise. The police are to blame for protests, and Trump is to blame for the spread via his low IQ support base.

Also, in case you didn't know, no research has found any significant increase due to protests, on account of everyone wearing masks.

Last edited:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Also, in case you didn't know, no research has found any significant increase due to protests, on account of everyone wearing masks.

Unlike Sturgis. Which has HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of bikers there who don't give a fuck about masks of social distancing.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Unlike Sturgis. Which has HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of bikers there who don't give a fuck about masks of social distancing.
I've lurked this thread for a bit, and don't post here much at all, but actually being a resident of South Dakota that rides motorcycle all but the coldest months of the year pretty regularly, let me just toss out my opinion on the whole Sturgis phenomenon.

Take a regular year for Sturgis. 250k-300k "bikers," a HUGE portion of which don't ride at all during the course of the year, come together in South Dakota. Some ride in, but a shocking number drive or fly to a place lower in the hills, rent a bike they've never ridden before, without practice on several bikes through the year so they're used to differences in torque, shifting, cornering ability, etc. Then they go up into the hills towards Sturgis. And having ridden those roads several times when they're empty (relatives live on that end of the state so I'm there every few months outside rally time), I can honestly say they are some of the more challenging roads to ride even when empty that I've ever experienced. Fun? Absolutely. Toss several hundred thousand other people out there and that fun would disappear right quick. Add on how many of them are completely inexperienced and it's a wonder there aren't more deaths each year up in those hills.

Now, 2020. All that same shit applies. Plus global pandemic. And the type of folks headed to Sturgis for the rally are EXACTLY the types that don't want to wear a mask and will openly mock social distancing as a commie, liberal myth.

You couldn't get me near Sturgis for a month either side of the rally during a normal year. This year? No. Absolute no. I'll ride around my empty end of the state, and be bored with my piddle hills and barely ever corners, thanks.

To be on topic: Fuck everybody in the running. While I'll gladly toss a vote Biden's way, he's probably the last one I wanted in top billing. And that vote is not a vote FOR someone, as I would imagine a lot of people would feel. Kamala's acceptable, though I'm not a fan of most of her policy decisions based on what I've seen. But she does talk a good game, which is really all that seems to matter these days.

2020 is depressing if you pay attention to it. So I've been burying myself in theoretical sciences about the end of the universe. A much more light-hearted topic than politics in 2020.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score

Protests have been encouraged by all political parties, even the president himself. It’s part of the Constitution, you know the 1st Amendment? Ever heard of that? It’s number 1 for a reason!

Is this supposed to be sarcasm? Making fun of the dead? Are you an adult or just trolling?

The point was her father trusted the presidents “advice” (by that I mean non-scientific b.s., made up b.s. and lies,) and went out figuring that the virus was no big deal.

Are you saying maybe he should have injected bleach or shined light in his ass?

How’s that working for you?

Life is deadly isn’t it! Enjoy the ride...

spudmunkey

Reaction score

_112053965_gettyimages-1211398264.jpg

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I've lurked this thread for a bit, and don't post here much at all, but actually being a resident of South Dakota that rides motorcycle all but the coldest months of the year pretty regularly, let me just toss out my opinion on the whole Sturgis phenomenon.

Take a regular year for Sturgis. 250k-300k "bikers," a HUGE portion of which don't ride at all during the course of the year, come together in South Dakota. Some ride in, but a shocking number drive or fly to a place lower in the hills, rent a bike they've never ridden before, without practice on several bikes through the year so they're used to differences in torque, shifting, cornering ability, etc. Then they go up into the hills towards Sturgis. And having ridden those roads several times when they're empty (relatives live on that end of the state so I'm there every few months outside rally time), I can honestly say they are some of the more challenging roads to ride even when empty that I've ever experienced. Fun? Absolutely. Toss several hundred thousand other people out there and that fun would disappear right quick. Add on how many of them are completely inexperienced and it's a wonder there aren't more deaths each year up in those hills.

Now, 2020. All that same shit applies. Plus global pandemic. And the type of folks headed to Sturgis for the rally are EXACTLY the types that don't want to wear a mask and will openly mock social distancing as a commie, liberal myth.

You couldn't get me near Sturgis for a month either side of the rally during a normal year. This year? No. Absolute no. I'll ride around my empty end of the state, and be bored with my piddle hills and barely ever corners, thanks.

To be on topic: Fuck everybody in the running. While I'll gladly toss a vote Biden's way, he's probably the last one I wanted in top billing. And that vote is not a vote FOR someone, as I would imagine a lot of people would feel. Kamala's acceptable, though I'm not a fan of most of her policy decisions based on what I've seen. But she does talk a good game, which is really all that seems to matter these days.

2020 is depressing if you pay attention to it. So I've been burying myself in theoretical sciences about the end of the universe. A much more light-hearted topic than politics in 2020.

I should also note, I don't dislike the concept of Sturgis as it is. To each their own. During a pandemic? Fucking stupid.

Also, as a wrestling fan, those WCW PPVs mostly suuuucked.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I should also note, I don't dislike the concept of Sturgis as it is. To each their own. During a pandemic? Fucking stupid.

Also, as a wrestling fan, those WCW PPVs mostly suuuucked.
As a motorcycle rider, I find the whole concept of Sturgis retrograde stupid, and I even judge friends for going on normal years. I'll own it. I'm an asshole.

And as a wrestling fan, if you went into a WCW PPV expecting it to be good, well. . . .

spudmunkey

Reaction score

It's also worth noting that the Sturgis rally is unwanted by the residents of Sturgis. The city took a poll of their own citizens, and 60% of repondents were against it. The city knew they were going to be held hostage by it anyway and spent the money/resources to prepare for it. They aren't "holding the motorcycle rally", they are "trying not to succumb to the motorcycle rally".

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
In addition to everyone else who has politely explained to you why you don't know what you're talking about...

...I'll point out that the BML protests were/are actually impressively good at wearing masks, and the reason the medical community was open about wanting people to stay home as much as possible, but made an exception for BLM protests, was something they were perfectly transparent about - police brutality kills a fucking LOT of black Americans, and on a risk mitigation standpoint alone, protesting while wearing a mask and attempting to maintain social distancing, if it resulted in actual systemic change, would on the measure very likely result in fewer dead Americans.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Painting Joe Biden as an old sleepy invalid looks like a big mistake for the right if Joe can deliver more of what he brought tonight. Such a low bar, he picked up that bar and smashed Trump in the nads with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.