Destiny: discussion & clans

• Thread starter CrushingAnvil
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Bungie is just trolling me now.... Last week I got Red Death, so of course Xur puts it up for sale. This week I got Hard Light... yep... Xur is selling it. :wallbash: :lol: Maybe next week I'll get one of the last ones I still need like The Last Word.... and then Xur will sell that. :rofl:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
who's doing angry banner? i picked up a scout rifle after a match and im trying to get up to rank 5.

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
i'm really enjoying destiny and im up at level 27 now but I find the leveling (at this point) really time consuming. Do you guys who have loads of exotics/are at level 30+ play every day and do all of the dailys etc?

Highgain you said it would be good if they open vault space - I have:

1 character
3 purple primary weapons (one almost fully upgraded and 2 of them scout rifles with different special abilities)
1 Gold secondary weapon (sniper rifle bought from Xur the weekend before last)
Purple greaves and bracers
Blue armour
Blue helmet

Sorry for using the colours (cant remember whats exotic and whats legendary)

I feel like I have been playing it for a long time then i see guys who have 3 characters fully upgraded and have about 5 fully upgraded/gold weapons each.

Do these guys just play it 8 hrs a day!?

it helps to have more than one character definitely. i have a group of friends that get together after the reset and we'll spend some time doing the crota raid on normal for all three of our characters. maybe a nightfall or two depending on how fast we finish.

thedonal

Reaction score
So. What are people's first impressions of House of Wolves?

I'm utterly underwhelmed so far. again.

It's the last time I pay for content in advance and the last time I pay full price for a console game.

It's only day 1, sure, but I can see nothing worth really continuing to play this game so far.

Dooky

Reaction score
Like I said months ago - I really am amazed people still play this game and continue to pay for "new" dlc :ugh:

SjPedro

Reaction score
So far first impressions after playing about 1-2 hours. The character dialog seems a bit better, missing cinematics (call me old fashioned but I prefer a good cinematic than a loading screen with exposition dialog).
So far the story missions have a slight variety to it although the bullet sponge bosses are there full throttle. I'm hoping that the new Prison of Elders is as good as it they make it out to be.
So to sum it all up, I'm enjoying it so far. we'll see what will come from this expansion in the upcoming months

thedonal

Reaction score
Like I said months ago - I really am amazed people still play this game and continue to pay for "new" dlc :ugh:

Yeah- I got the expansion pass when the game was fairly new and I was hooked into it. This is before the whole grind-repeat thing became so apparent.

Then the first DLC appeared and, even when they unlocked the intro missions for repeat play, the whole "is this it?" thing got bigger.

Was late last night and I was tired and a bit grumpy, but the battle at the top of the tower on Venus seems VERY overwhelming (on level 30 with an L31 Warlock).

But it's the only bit of minimal extra mission scenery they've added. Everything else seems to be the same locations, played back to front.

The new social area is nice enough, but nothing really new per se.

Definitely not worth the cost of the expansions- pass or not.

Though the upgrade path seems a little better now, it really depends on how often the drops come or quickly you can buy more aetheric whatnots to do it. But once more, there are even more faction reputations to grind and grind and the rewards seem few and far between.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
mod edit: You've been warned before to stop trolling this thread, the bans are going to get longer every time you come back.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Was late last night and I was tired and a bit grumpy, but the battle at the top of the tower on Venus seems VERY overwhelming (on level 30 with an L31 Warlock).

Haha I am 32 and while I was playing it on Heroic mode, I thought that part was a bit too challenging to play single player. :lol: I think that's the last normal map before you move over to the Trials of Osiris and whatnot, but I'm likely going to have to pull in a friend or two for that part as you get swarmed from all directions and with that much fire and no room to hide to recuperate, you're pretty much effed by wave # 2. :lol:

I'm going to give it some time, I haven't seen much of the new weaponry yet (or new exotics?) so I'd like to see how the trials and prison segments play out. I think the multiplayer events should add some variety but agree the campaign segment was yet again lacking a bit. I know they said they are planning new raids for DLC content for THIS version of the game (so not even for Destiny 2) and currently I'm not sure if I'm going to bother paying them for DLC again since it's clear the amount of content they deem acceptable for a $40 expansion doesn't quite meet what most consumers are expecting to receive. :lol:

thedonal

Reaction score
Haha I am 32 and while I was playing it on Heroic mode, I thought that part was a bit too challenging to play single player. :lol: I think that's the last normal map before you move over to the Trials of Osiris and whatnot, but I'm likely going to have to pull in a friend or two for that part as you get swarmed from all directions and with that much fire and no room to hide to recuperate, you're pretty much effed by wave # 2. :lol:

I'm going to give it some time, I haven't seen much of the new weaponry yet (or new exotics?) so I'd like to see how the trials and prison segments play out. I think the multiplayer events should add some variety but agree the campaign segment was yet again lacking a bit. I know they said they are planning new raids for DLC content for THIS version of the game (so not even for Destiny 2) and currently I'm not sure if I'm going to bother paying them for DLC again since it's clear the amount of content they deem acceptable for a $40 expansion doesn't quite meet what most consumers are expecting to receive. :lol:

I think there's at least 1 major expansion if not 2, plus DLC for each of those. The majors are I think what we're were really expecting in terms of game content for the 2 expansions we've had. I think they really are expecting to milk this game, though future expansions may change the map as the "story" developes.

I'd say I'm out after this. It just feels like a blag. I will give House of Wolves more time, but not much..

Pav

???
Reaction score
I had also bought the expansion pass but part of me doesn't want to risk trying out House of Wolves. As much as I enjoy this game on the whole the DLC is just too little content for too much money over too long a period of time. At this point it really feels less like a finished game and more like we've been paying a ....load of money to join Bungie in the development process. Maybe the piece-wise DLC model wouldn't feel so awful if content was coming more regularly, but at this rate we'll have a total of two additional raids to play a full year after release. Not to mention their decision to release HOW with no raid, while logical, only twists the knife a little further. I've had intense oodles of fun in this game but man...all of the new stuff they promised is coming at such a slow trickle it's tough to stay attached for long periods anymore.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Etheric Light is a guaranteed drop on levels 34 and 35, if you are good enough to clear the Prison three times on underleveled characters you can hit 34 in a week. There are a bunch of 34s running around already.

If you have treasure keys, which will sometimes drop from the new Fallen events on Earth, Venus and the Moon, you can open the big treasure chest in the Prison and from the sounds of it the drop rate for exotics is extremely high, almost guaranteed on your first open, and it pours out legendaries too.

Played 10 Crucible matches last night and got two legendary weapons. Saw a few rounds where 3-4 weapons dropped. Way better variety of vendor gear and a lot of good weapons there... you get double Crucible marks now too so it is much easier to earn the money for the faction gear. So you definitely get a lot more gear now than before.

Next DLC is the big one. New planet, three new strikes, ten missions, new raid. Sold at retail as a complete game too. Those guys buying it then definitely are getting a better deal than people who bought Destiny day one :lol: but whatever, a year of Warcraft costs like $200 plus the cost of the game so still not bad.

Back in my day, we played this game called Halo 3 that only had one campaign with a pretty ....ty story. There was only ten levels, and there was no loot at all. Any gear was just cosmetic and you had to pick up new weapons as you ran around the maps, and there was only like twenty weapons and more than half of them sucked and were useless.

But boy howdy did it ever play tight. Everything felt right. So does Destiny.

If I want to see an endless amount of new things and experience cool stories and good dialogue, I go outside. If I want to have fun playing a game, I play D.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Destiny isn't an MMO either. No monthly sub and only six people in a zone at a time except in very rare cases.. and even then, it still tops out at 12 players or less. So I guess that axes "massive" from the description.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Destiny isn't an MMO either. No monthly sub and only six people in a zone at a time except in very rare cases.. and even then, it still tops out at 12 players or less. So I guess that axes "massive" from the description.

New MMOs haven't really done much with subs for several years now. The model has very much shifted to normally priced box buys (40/60) with paid expansions and/or (cosmetic, but not always) microtransactions.

Just because it involves instances and didn't ship with all its social functions grafted on doesn't mean it's not aiming at an MMO style player base and experience.

Dooky

Reaction score
Back in my day, we played this game called Halo 3 that only had one campaign with a pretty ....ty story. There was only ten levels, and there was no loot at all. Any gear was just cosmetic and you had to pick up new weapons as you ran around the maps, and there was only like twenty weapons and more than half of them sucked and were useless.

But boy howdy did it ever play tight. Everything felt right. So does Destiny.

If I want to see an endless amount of new things and experience cool stories and good dialogue, I go outside. If I want to have fun playing a game, I play D.
Back in my day, we played this game called Double Dragon that only had one campaign with, by todays standards, a pretty ....ty story. There were only 4 levels, and there was no loot at all. Any gear was just random and you had to pick up new weapons as you went through the levels, and there were very few weapons and more than half of them sucked and were useless.

But boy howdy was it more memorable than Destiny :agreed:

mod edit: we get it, you don't like the game... you've said so repeatedly now move along

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, people still play this game? :scratch:

Back in my day, we played this game called Double Dragon that only had one campaign with, by todays standards, a pretty ....ty story. There were only 4 levels, and there was no loot at all. Any gear was just random and you had to pick up new weapons as you went through the levels, and there were very few weapons and more than half of them sucked and were useless.

But boy howdy was it more memorable than Destiny :agreed:

Dude... we get it already... you don't like Destiny. Can you PLEASE go find another thread to troll? People who constantly pop into threads just to complain about the topic over and over repeating the same stupid/pointless "this is terrible" line are not only annoying, but don't realize they add absolutely nothing to the thread or topic. You've made your point 3 times, you don't like the game. Duly noted, now please move along and let the people who wish to DISCUSS THE GAME continue to do so. :wavey:

thedonal

Reaction score
Well I managed the Queen's Ranson mission last night (solo on L30) With a few deaths and some swearing.

Ran through the strike on normal. It's ok actually. Levelling the sidearm up definitely helps...

I can say it's definitely an improvement on The Dark Below, but still don't feel the price point justified.

I'm sure I'll hook up with a few neglected XB Live buddies for the prison of Elders this weekend..

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
It's time for the Trials of fkin Osiris! Got all my regular Destiny buddies coming over to my house tonight so we can geek it up :lol: Eight dudes, one basement ... place is gonna smell mad funky but it should be fun.

If you get nine wins you get access to another new social space. If you go 9-0 you get an elemental primary and an exotic emblem. Looks like the nine win Trials chest gives a guaranteed exotic too. Should be able to get my first runs through the Nightfall and Prison done tonight too.. ho man. The hype is almost overwhelming.

thedonal

Reaction score
Aaaand I forgot how bad I am at PVP. Though first shot at the trials and we all pretty much got one shot by the opponents. Now that's what a drubbing feels like!