Destiny: discussion & clans

• Thread starter CrushingAnvil
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Khoi

Reaction score
I'm way late to the party, but I just bought The Taken King Special Edition PS4 and I'm so stoked to finally get to play. I've wanted to play Destiny since before it was released, then heard it didn't quite live up to the hype until now.

Sounds like The Taken King really fixed a lot of issues with it and figured now would be a great time to join in!

Anyone else playing? Feel free to add me on PSN, I have no friends that play and would love to play/level/eventually raid with some people!

PSN ID: HarrisonFjord_

splinter8451

Reaction score
I recently got back into this with the Taken King. Definitely a much more polished game now!

Anyone can add me on PS4, I still haven't done any raids because all my friends have Xbox One.... :lol: so if anyone wants to do the Vault of Glass or the new raid that would be sick!

PSN: splinter8451

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
i been playing here and there since taken king came out but i feel like im falling behind because theres so much to do now haha.

ima share my psn again incase anyone wants to have destiny hangs: toiletstand

all my friends jumped ship and i need new destiny pals :(

HeavyMetal4Ever

Reaction score
Thoroughly disgusted with the way Bungie have handled pre existing game content with The Taken King release. Basically, if you don't buy the latest dlc you get locked out of a lot of previously available content.

Seriously uncool Bungie.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Thoroughly disgusted with the way Bungie have handled pre existing game content with The Taken King release. Basically, if you don't buy the latest dlc you get locked out of a lot of previously available content.

Seriously uncool Bungie.

So much ....ing this...

I've just switched over to playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer instead.

Playing on X-Box 360 is pretty much a ghost town with Destiny though even before "The Taken King", and because I'm generally broke and have to do the adult thing I'm not going to upgrade my console anytime soon, so I'm waiting till November when according to a friend of mine there's going to be some sort of unification between X-Box 360 and X-Box One to see if that means that we'll all be able to jam Destiny together (cause other than improved graphics on X-Box One it's the same ....ing game) and if that's not possible I'm just gonna cancel my X-Box gold account and buy Mass Effect 3 for pc and continue jamming that there instead.

Would love to go back to playing Warframe as well but my pc refuses to let me log into it :noplease:

thedonal

Reaction score
I completely agree. Im not prepared to pay the cost of the game again for an expansion, especially having been ripped off for the last two (I foolishly bought the expansion pass).

Such a shame- the game promised so much, delivered on so little in terms of scope and content, even though the gameplay mechanic is amazing.

My Destiny days are long gone...

chaneisa

Marc Spector
Reaction score
Hey dudes! Anyone interested in playing destiny TTK with me at any point, add me on XBL, Gamertag: BlastGatr. Don't really have anyone to play the game with currently.

absolutorigin

Reaction score
This game has been taking way too much of my time lately. I'm always down to play with others, so let me know. I got a few other dudes that I play with, and we're looking for a couple more to do the raid with. My Hunter is 290 light. The grind to 300 is real :(.

I play on PS4, my gamertag is ChaFoShizzle.

absolutorigin

Reaction score
What weapons are you guys rocking right now?

I got the Hung Jury SR4 as my primary, special is 1000 yd. stare, and my heavy is the exotic sword Dark Drinker.

ima add you. anyone doing the quest for the no time to explain exotic today?

I missed out on it, because I never turned in the dead ghost from the paradox mission. It does look like a sick pulse rifle. This being my first year in Destiny, some of the quests are tedious as hell. That exotic sword quest was a bitch and a half. Glad I got the sword though, it tears through enemies :D.

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
seriously i was working on the first curse quest for weeks. i looked up the reward and threw my hands in the air. im no longer in a rush to finish it lol

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
I was really late to actually get into this game, but I've had it for about a month now and I love it. Everyone has told me that this was the best time to get into Destiny because The Taken King fixed a lot of problems that the Year 1 version of the game had.

I usually always play with a couple of good friends of mine back down in Florida, so that probably makes the game a lot better. I got my light level to 303 last night, was doing trials of osiris with a couple buddies. Really wanting to do the hard mode Kings Fall raid...I need some 320 gear for my Hunter.

If anyone wants to play, I'm on PS4 and my username is Polyrhythm423 (I'm so original) :wavey:

Reaction score
If you're looking for 320 gear you should be focusing on doing the hard mode challenges for the raid bosses, I'm 99% certain you get a guaranteed 320 drop from each one you do. they rotate week to week tho so its best to find out which one is coming up so you can prepare for it. Also if you're using the 3 of coins for exotics I suggest you wait to decrypt them until you're at 310+ because they'll all decrypt to 310 instead of 280 so you don't have to go through the hassle of infusing it all the way up which is now much harder for newer players:yesway:

TMatt142

vagitarian
Reaction score
I'm on PS4 as well (gt- Timm142). We just did the Warpriest challenge the other night (my first time) and it's so worth it. 2- Quillims Terminis, one at 310, one at 320, 320 artifact, 311 rocket launcher. By the time we finished "sisters" I also had aquired 316 harrowed chest piece, 316 shot gun, 316 cloak.

Like I said, well worth it, and HM isn't too difficult if you can find the right group. As far as exotics, they'll decrypt @ 310 even if you're not 310 or higher. Most of my 310's I've gotten when in the 305- 310 range.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Who's still playing this since the April update? couple friends of mine got back into it and we're getting our light up to 335 now. they made it easier in the sense that max light gear doesn't just come from the raid; you can get it from lots of different sources like tier 3 court of oryx, trial of elders, exotic engrams.

The new DLC is coming out fairly soon I think, adding a new raid and whatnot.

Latest posts