Did The Jackson Custom Shop Botch My Order?

• Thread starter ThomasUV777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

electriceye

Reaction score
That top is SO depressing. I would definitely send it back.

Shame on Jackson custom shop for letting that thing leave the door, unreal.

Agreed. I’d be furious. That’s a GARBAGE flame top for a CS order. No way would I accept that. Hell, I’m an amateur builder and I wouldn’t use that lame of a top.

electriceye

Reaction score
View attachment 76831 If that had happened through a reputable U.S. Jackson dealer you could reject it with no monetary loss,or they would offer it with about a 10 % discount.I ordered this one a couple of years ago.I almost rejected it because it should have had a blank board and different volume knob placement.I accepted it with a $450 discount because the top was just spectacular and they had actually gotten the Trans Black spot on for my tastes.
View attachment 76829 View attachment 76829 View attachment 76830

Now THAT is a flame top!

Jamey36

Reaction score
And mine was a Custom Select,not master built.I specced a 1/8" Flame Maple cap.No request or up charge for super high quality flame.

ThomasUV777

Reaction score
My dealer (claims he has) sent a couple of messages towards the Jackson Custom Shop for a couple of weeks now, which remain unanswered. Frustration intensifying. The fear that this guitar, if it ever arrives, will leave a bad aftertaste is becoming real.

AndiKravljaca

Reaction score
Is there any good dealer in Europe who has experience with Jackson custom orders and can be trusted?

Very much seconded. I might be putting in an order for a Broderick sometime soon and want to do it through a reputable dealer.

Boris_VTR

Reaction score
Very much seconded. I might be putting in an order for a Broderick sometime soon and want to do it through a reputable dealer.
Hopefully someone can share any info :) I was thinking about contacting Thomann if they handle Jackson custom orderds.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can share any info :) I was thinking about contacting Thomann if they handle Jackson custom orderds.

Get the regional dealer's list from Jackson.

Contact the shops listed and find the one with the most experience, and most recent experience, ordering CS Jackson stuff.

Red Flags:

- They only deal in production Jacksons.
- They don't know the difference between Select and Masterbuilt.
- They don't have the current price list on hand.
- They don't have any outstanding orders or build slots.

Avoid dealers like that. It's just going to cause heartburn.

Green Flags:

- Have current orders in process, and build slots already allocated.
- Knowledge of the process.
- Have current Select/CS inventory.

A dealer with that is most likely going to make the process as smooth as possible.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
And do check the fretwork before accepting
image1.jpeg

Edit. Sorry about the orientation

Last edited:

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Don’t just complain. Blast them online on twitter/FB/etc. make it known that you got an import-grade top with actual missing spots and then also link the 23 fret Kelly for good measure.

As for the color...this is why I would never order a trans black guitar. They ALWAYS look purple. Sometimes it’s camera flash, but often that’s just how the black tint settles on wood. Idk, never liked ESP’s purple looking models and not surprised JACKSON has the same issues.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Don’t just complain. Blast them online on twitter/FB/etc. make it known that you got an import-grade top with actual missing spots and then also link the 23 fret Kelly for good measure.

As for the color...this is why I would never order a trans black guitar. They ALWAYS look purple. Sometimes it’s camera flash, but often that’s just how the black tint settles on wood. Idk, never liked ESP’s purple looking models and not surprised JACKSON has the same issues.

I remember custom trans blacks from 1999-2005 had a greenish-brown tint like the marty friedman KE1 and mark morton riverbed dominions. Now, you are right, the transblacks have more of a purple hue.

Boris_VTR

Reaction score
I just sent Thomann an inquiry and will let you know when I receive replay. Other than Thomann I have no other idea who could do that.
I see they have custom shop guitar on sale (https://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_rhoads_rr24_bw_pinstripe_usa.htm) that leads me to believe that someone ordered custom shop but bailed on the guitar.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just sent Thomann an inquiry and will let you know when I receive replay. Other than Thomann I have no other idea who could do that.
I see they have custom shop guitar on sale (https://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_rhoads_rr24_bw_pinstripe_usa.htm) that leads me to believe that someone ordered custom shop but bailed on the guitar.

Not necessarily, shops order custom builds for in-stock inventory all the time.

The thing is, there is no longer any "non-custom" USA Jackson guitars. Everything is either a Select (limited options) or Masterbuilt (near unlimited options). The regular production USA series is, for all intents and purposes, no more. So if a shop wants to stock USA Jackson they put in Select, or on occasion Masterbuilt, orders.

Boris_VTR

Reaction score

Contact the shops listed and find the one with the most experience, and most recent experience, ordering CS Jackson stuff.

Red Flags:

Green Flags:

A dealer with that is most likely going to make the process as smooth as possible.

Unfortunately I'm from small country in Europe where demand for Jackson Guitars is not so big as lets say Finland (only twice the population but huge Jackson fans by the looks of it hehe). So my only real option (that I know of) would be Thomann.

GenghisCoyne

im here to party
Reaction score

Red Flags:

Green Flags:

this comment is going disgustingly unappreciated

AndiKravljaca

Reaction score
I feel like we're hijacking the thread since it's about one specific custom shop order, so I wonder if a mod could break these questions out into a separate thread?

The problem with Jackson's dealer locator is that every single dealership around here is listed as a 'Custom Shop Dealer', but this includes stores which I've never even seen a Jackson in, let alone a USA one - I'm thinking that just because a store has the ability to put custom shop orders in, doesn't necessarily mean they know what they're doing. I don't think any shop anywhere close to me would know the difference between a USA Select, a Custom Select or a full blown custom shop order. It's why the question is more, what's Europe's Matt's Music, so to speak. What's a dealer who knows what they're doing and does it often enough to know.

I put in an Ibanez j.custom order through the Ibanez Demonstration Store rep here, and it was very obvious they didn't know what they were doing because I had to explain to the guy what a j.custom guitar was and where to find it in the inventory of the regional distributor. I dare not even contemplate how they'd handle a Jackson custom shop order.