Different bridge/saddles for ibanez RG7321

• Thread starter Sparkfriction
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkfriction

Reaction score
Hello,

i am searching different saddles for my RG7321 to have more space to adjust the lower B. different saddle would be the best i guess. if its not possible i am thinking of getting a different bridge, but i have no idea how this will work out and if its the same in the end?

i also tought about shorten the orignal saddles with tool - a file...?

i hope you get what i am talking about and i hope this is the right place and subforum for my question.

Edit: i asked years ago on other forums for setup help and someone told me about shorter saddles as an replacement. i guess it was hipshot... but i am not sure and i am guess this is a better place because i am sure other people had the same problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
I guess this depends on if you have an older 7321 with the flat bridge, or a newer 7321 with the Gibraltar bridge....

Shask

Reaction score
oh thanks, true! its a pretty old one with the flat bridge by ibanez.

Do a search on here! I just saw a thread 3-4 days ago where someone posted a picture where they replaced the saddles with Hipshot saddles, and the top string was only about 1/2 as long as the other ones, to allow for more range on the low string.

You can use the Hipshot saddles with the baseplate of that bridge, so you dont have to worry about re-drilling holes.

Sparkfriction

Reaction score
Do a search on here! I just saw a thread 3-4 days ago where someone posted a picture where they replaced the saddles with Hipshot saddles, and the top string was only about 1/2 as long as the other ones, to allow for more range on the low string.

You can use the Hipshot saddles with the baseplate of that bridge, so you dont have to worry about re-drilling holes.

Sounds promising. Thank you :)