Digitech GSP 2101 Studio Tube Preamp

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Howdy! :hbang:

Up for sale here is my 2101. These have a great reputation around here (Sevenstring.org - View Profile: Chris :wub:), as well as anywhere else you look! Arguably the best processor Digitech ever made, they're considered a real gem by many. Tons of information available about updating, tweaking, or programming these. For more info, check out The Great Digitech 2101 Pages

A manual for the standard 2101 is hard to come by, but here is a description of the Artist model (which this can be easily upgraded to with a new chip which surface on e-bay for around $20 (More info here: Digitech GSP2101 FAQ & Upgrade Page):

Digitech GSP 2101 Manual said:
• Full bandwidth effects (20-20kHz)
• 24-bit signal path, 48-bit internal data path
• Any digital effect can appear at any point in any effects chain
• Number of simultaneous effects limited only by available CPU and RAM blocks in
the unit
• Programmable Algorithms allow you to create an unlimited variety of custom effects
configurations
• Effects can be repeated in a chain, e.g. EQ + flange + EQ + pitch shift + pitch shift
• Instant Module and Parameter access
• Multiple dynamic effects capability (e.g. chorus + flange+ pitch shift)
• Expandable to 2x factory memory and processing with optional PPC-210
• Balanced, speaker-compensated outputs for running direct to a mixing console
• World-class tube preamp with six distortion types (3 tube, 3 solid state)
• DigiTech’s exclusive modulation delays
• New and improved chromatic tuner
• New Effects include: improved Whammy™, Chromatic Pitch Shifter, New Harmony
Intelligent Pitch Shifting, and Programmable Cabinet Emulation
• Built-in tone generator
• Digital and analog EQ
• MIDI input filtering and MIDI Merging
• MIDI program transmit and receive mapping
• All Effects and Parameters available for MIDI continuous control
• Optional Control One foot controller with built-in Expression Pedal for ultimate programmability
and control

So, that's a little about the 2101 in general but onto the specifics of this one...

When I bought this around a year ago, it had just had a clipping diode replaced, as well as a new set of 12ax7 Groover Tubes put in. It's currently running firmware version 1.06.06, but that can be upgraded easily, as stated earlier.

I have never gigged with it, nor have I even put it in a rack... it just sat atop my power amp in the studio. I'd consider the condition to be "very good" as there is no real damage, and very few cosmetic issues at all for a unit it's age. There's a few scratches on the rack ears, but no more than you could expect from a unit of this type. See pictures below for more info:

2101&

100_0188.jpg

100_0186.jpg

100_0187.jpg

100_0184.jpg

As far as trading credentials go, you can check my iTrader rating, and I've also bought/sold on ebay as levelhead86 and hypnoticat19. I'm pretty active over here so you can PM me anytime, but if you need any other information quickly, you can contact me via AIM (xhypnotikillerx).

This item will be lovingly shipped from Schenectady, NY 12308; BTW. :metal:

I'm asking $200+ shipping... Will ship anywhere!

I really love this thing, but I'm trying to downsize, and switch to a head instead of a preamp+power amp. Best of luck, and I know this will find a good home with one of you guys. ;)

:cheers:

turmoil

l0rd of teh shr3d
Contributor
Reaction score
interested in anything as far as a trade or trade + cash is concerned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I've done business with Randy before, and ATM he's gathering materials to build me a guitar neck.

Great guy to deal with!

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unfortunately not... The one I bought was just the bare unit. :(

I was using my FCB to control it plus my GX-700 and Virtualizer, though, so one of those would work.

shamca

Reaction score
Sorry, missed notification of your PM.

Sent you a new and improved PM with stain fighting action and brilliant whiteners :-}

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, missed notification of your PM.

Sent you a new and improved PM with stain fighting action and brilliant whiteners :-}

:lol:

Nice. YGPM, BTW! ;)

I wish mine looked that good! Free Bump for a pristine machine.

Thanks for the bumpers and the compliment...

I really got lucky with the quality on this unit, and hopefully I can pass that on, along with a great deal on the $$$ for a fellow forumite.

EDIT: The Artist 3.00.00.a upgrade chips have gone back up on e-bay for $28.88;

Digitech GSP 2101 Artist Upgrade 3.00.00.a GSP2101 - eBay (item 160303923527 end time Dec-19-08 07:35:15 PST)

This unit has the GrooveTubes 12AX7s that came stock in the original Artist models, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.