Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis

• Thread starter vgguru39
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

f2f4

Reaction score
I'm REALLY digging the new album. It's still good old dillinger, but pleasantly different. The guitar work is great as always, but what really surprised me was the vocal work. IMO this is Greg's best performance on an album yet.

right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
I just randomly clicked through the whole thing cause I don't want to ruin it, but watching the interviews and the videos leading up to the album are making wet spots. But seriously, what I heard sounds like its out of control!

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Just listened. HOLY FUCK! :scream:

Calculating Infinity is getting a run for its money.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
I'm exited, they're the progenitors of modern angular/math-whathaveyou-metal. I really like the IDM/electronic influences that seeped into that last few albums, esp. 'Ire Works' and I hope to see more.

ADAMAKAGORE

Reaction score
I can´t get into them...either...It´s to noisy...and it makes no sense in my head...THe only song I ever liked by them was Unretrofied...
Damn it..I must be listening to BTBAM too much...

robotsatemygma

myspace.com/pygar1
Reaction score
This album is pretty good.

There's certain elements that reappear, which to me, make it a little repetitive. But then again, if I was writing the music I probably would of gone the same route. This time around, Option Paralysis seems to be more focused then Ire Works, and continuing on in it's tradition to expand and further their musicianship.

Like some have already said, I;m also really digging Greg's vocals on this album. I always thought he was an awesome vocalist, willing to let you see the lighter side of things but then pummel you for looking to long. :lol:

To me, Dillinger Escape Plan and Deftones are bands that can do no wrong in my eyes. With every release, if it wasn't an immediate success with me, it has worked it's way to being there. They continue to grow while retaining that certain "trademark" that no one can easily forget.

hypermagic

Fusion Neophyte
Reaction score
Widower is simply delightful. I ragged on Greg in the last thread but His cleans are definitely the best of DEP so far. And fuck who does the piano work it's amazing!

Nats

Reaction score
this album is great. i think the tech side is easily the most tech and brutal they've ever done. the lighter songs are really well written and the riffs are memorable. the electronic elements that were really prevelant on Ire Works are a lot more subtle on this album which i think was a good thing

the drumming is flat out insane. billy rymer straight up tore shit up. his drumming is so chaotic yet controlled. gil's drumming was too "safe" and chris pennie's drumming on miss machine was also not as great as the hype would have you believe. he just topped them both.

liam's bass tone is godly on this album. it really stands out as opposed to the other 3 albums he's on. and the lines he plays under all that chaos really pull it all together nicely. i think it pays dividends that he goes last because like he said in an interview, it gives him an opportunity to try and follow more than just the drums, whether it be the guitars, vocals or electronics.

my only weakness with the album (like the chorus of gold teeth) are some of the lyrics. vocally, i thought the performance was greg's best, but some of the lyrics, especially the cleaner ones you can understand are a little meh. but even then i love his phonetics and think he has a great music sense of how to fit his vocals/lyrics into the song.

Colton165

Resident burnout.
Reaction score
I didnt know this was out yet.

Ill have to check it out. Im not a HUGE DEP fan but i enjoy what ive heard. i havent bought any material and none is on my ipod, but its on my to-buy

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
its pretty interesting stuff, to be sure, but I haven't given it enough of a listen to distinguish one song from the other, or even understand it :scratch:

matty2fatty

Reaction score
I think I've listened to this about 15 times through over the last 2 days (as every DEP album needs, IMO), and its my favorite album of the year so far, without a doubt. Farewell, Mona Lisa is just phenomenal.