Dingwall 2024

• Thread starter Asgard222
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asgard222

Reaction score
I know I made a thread about the Super P already, but some new info has been coming out and I thought I'd make a new one (sorry mods if this is redundant).

NEW SIGNATURE MODELS

Jacob Umansky (Intervals) Signature 6 String Z. Bass in the photo is a prototype he's been road testing.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 1.19.14 PM.png

Ayumu (Japanese solo bassist) Signature. Shorter scale 5 string tuned EADGC.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 1.17.31 PM.png

John Taylor (Duran Duran) Signature 4 and 5 String. Comes with proprietary 2-band Neve preamp. A limited edition run sold out a while ago, but new production models (~$2.8k USD) will start shipping in 2024.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 1.45.41 PM.png

EUROPE EXCLUSIVE NG COLORS

Shell Pink. Available now through EU dealers.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 1.25.06 PM.png

Matte Pegasus Red

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 1.21.46 PM.png

Matte Metallic Blueberry

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 1.30.12 PM.png

NEW BRIDGE

Combustions will come stock with a different bridge starting 2024, according to Sheldon.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 1.23.04 PM.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The sigs are cool, especially the Ayumu and John Taylor ones. I'm wondering if Neve will ever off the preamp that's going in the JT bass...

The new hardtail bridges are cool. Side note if anyone didn't know: Payson makes bridges like that again for NGs/Combustions/Drocs.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Maybe I'll change my mind, but I don't like the new bridge. For one, and this is super picky, it seems like it's a different black from the pickups and the pickguard. Visually it also has a giant blob thing going on.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I'll change my mind, but I don't like the new bridge. For one, and this is super picky, it seems like it's a different black from the pickups and the pickguard. Visually it also has a giant blob thing going on.

They're different materials, the pickups and guards are plastic, where the bridge is what feels like coated aluminum.

It's an okay bridge. I don't love it or hate it on my Dingwalls. The adjustment for spacing and height is like old Spectors, which can be polarizing, but it works.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Word. In the Matte Metallic Blueberry above, visually, it's different shades of blacks which comes off a bit messy. *To be clear, this wouldn't stop me from buying one if needed.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Word. In the Matte Metallic Blueberry above, visually, it's different shades of blacks which comes off a bit messy. *To be clear, this wouldn't stop me from buying one if needed.

In direct pictures under fluorescent light, not counting the ones where the plastic film is still on the pickups like the blue one in question, the difference is much more pronounced than in person.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't mind but I think Payson did it better. I'm really thinking about one for my NG3 5 and possibly one for my DBird, but that's a lot of money for just bridges.

img-2532_orig.jpeg

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
I don't mind but I think Payson did it better. I'm really thinking about one for my NG3 5 and possibly one for my DBird, but that's a lot of money for just bridges.

View attachment 134383
Are these a drop in replacements for the individual saddles that come on the NG3? Need any new holes? I'm considering getting a 6 string version.

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
That Jacob Umansky signature is pure sex, but realistically I'll never get one. Too expensive for me to justify the purchase. Honestly I'm still pinching myself over the fact that I managed to get a NG3-5.

But nice to see that they're releasing cool stuff besides new NG color variants.

Masoo2

Reaction score
LOVE that Ayumu is getting a signature bass - great player

3c770e2ef2d34eee1941b7e94d4f50d9.jpg

The tweaks to the horns on his custom (above) and new sig are perfect

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I didn't notice the cutaway and horns... It was a Combustion but it looks pretty much like an Afterburner.