Dino Cazares Guitars

• Thread starter Kubs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kubs

Mexicutioner
Reaction score
Also I'm assuming this is just a slightly modded Iron label, but I always loved the Ibanez FRs. I guess Ibanez gave him one to promote it.

C9ZLk_RVoAAHwGY
I have seen close photos of it , and for sure itnwas just modded + setup by lacs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I have seen close photos of it , and for sure itnwas just modded + setup by lacs.
Yeah Dino himself confirmed it was an Iron Label.

Like I said, given the tone of the tweet, he was probably just given it to promote it. :lol:

Still looks baller tho.

Kubs

Mexicutioner
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion
Dino Cazares (but he's just one of many) is an average guitarist and he doesn't realize how lucky he is to have endorsement by big brands but makes effort to lose them...
Show me one another band sounding like fear factory. He is the guy responsible for the whole style of it, he also developed his own unique fast and technical style of playing.
+ that's not what this thread is about.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion
Dino Cazares (but he's just one of many) is an average guitarist and he doesn't realize how lucky he is to have endorsement by big brands but makes effort to lose them...
Endorsements are based on popularity of the artists and their probability of boosting sales, not some sort of exhaustive analysis of technical and expressive merits. You being visible and give their gear good visibility in a certain market is what matters.

Having said this, Dino has a mean right hand and when Fear Factory came about they were a completely fresh take, with nobody sounding like them especially then, so even from your perspective there are merits to him. Also, he doesn't make a conscious effort to lose endorsements, this is a business and he got a better package from Ormsby in a time where Ibanez AR was committing some egregious mistakes.

You're free to have your opinion, but the premise for it is objectively wrong. :shrug:

PS - Dino even scored me jalapeños in an Italian restaurant of all places because he knew I love them. Lay off my dude! :lol:

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion

I thought so too, until I learned a FF song and realized I wasn’t giving Dino nearly enough credit for his right hand. It took me like 2 days to get my hand up to speed enough to play “Shock” and I’m not exactly a beginner in my old age. :lol:

It might be the only thing that really separates him from the others, but I think it’s fair to say that right hand and the music he made with it created a shitload of clones and set the tone for the next 30 years of metal music. The dude ain’t Steve Vai, but his right hand probably gets the same work-out Vai’s right hand does during a set!

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Endorsements are based on popularity of the artists and their probability of boosting sales, not some sort of exhaustive analysis of technical and expressive merits. You being visible and give their gear good visibility in a certain market is what matters.

Having said this, Dino has a mean right hand and when Fear Factory came about they were a completely fresh take, with nobody sounding like them especially then, so even from your perspective there are merits to him. Also, he doesn't make a conscious effort to lose endorsements, this is a business and he got a better package from Ormsby in a time where Ibanez AR was committing some egregious mistakes.

You're free to have your opinion, but the premise for it is objectively wrong. :shrug:

PS - Dino even scored me jalapeños in an Italian restaurant of all places because he knew I love them. Lay off my dude! :lol:

FWIW, I think the Ibanez/Ornsby thing was more of an issue with the lawsuits going on in Fear Factory with Christian and Ray trying to get all they could under the Fear Factory umbrella. But that‘s speculation/internet rumor.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I thought so too, until I learned a FF song and realized I wasn’t giving Dino nearly enough credit for his right hand. It took me like 2 days to get my hand up to speed enough to play “Shock” and I’m not exactly a beginner in my old age. :lol:

It might be the only thing that really separates him from the others, but I think it’s fair to say that right hand and the music he made with it created a shitload of clones and set the tone for the next 30 years of metal music. The dude ain’t Steve Vai, but his right hand probably gets the same work-out Vai’s right hand does during a set!
I never tried playing that song until the last year and holy shit yes it's a right hand/wrist workout! Dino is a machine.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion

Dude does have a mean right hand. Check this out after he was done with Fear Factory, I was blown away by how tight he is with his playing.

Divine Heresy - Failed Creation.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I never tried playing that song until the last year and holy shit yes it's a right hand/wrist workout! Dino is a machine.

I fucked up a few times in the beginning then basically spent the rest of the song waiting for the choruses to come around so I could give my wrist a break. :lol: I would have done myself a favor by tightening up the gate, but I‘m not a fan of hard gates, so the majority of the muting is coming from my right hand and it’s mainly that that makes it so damn hard to keep up, time-wise.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Fuck yeah man! And you play it legit, I learned it drop A instead of standard. I've tried doing it in standard and I fuck it up even more lol

Reaction score
(...) I would have done myself a favor by tightening up the gate, but I‘m not a fan of hard gates, so the majority of the muting is coming from my right hand and it’s mainly that that makes it so damn hard to keep up, time-wise.

This is the way... gates are for pussies... 😁

Although I'm not very familiar with FF, your rendering seems to be well done, congrats!.

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
I always love his taste to order his Customs by Ibanez, thanks to his DCM100 now we have more ibanez with reverse headstock now, but nothing like his lacs.

I spoke with him many times about getting one of his customs but when He had one for sale, I had no money and let go many of the killer ones.

Finally I got one and fell in love with it, this is my Dino LACS + my DCM100

being hones, I like only a few songs of FF, but his guitars are the main attraction for me.

134CC82C-4366-4228-8A56-6D5C0514FFA7.jpeg
549E2E1B-BC90-4F77-972A-633CDEF8A0BE.jpeg
40802969-4F79-4BE2-81C5-79C912FCA7FD.jpeg
A46D04B8-44AF-4953-9754-C5835647116D.jpeg

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Show me one another band sounding like fear factory. He is the guy responsible for the whole style of it, he also developed his own unique fast and technical style of playing.
+ that's not what this thread is about.

Dude does have a mean right hand. Check this out after he was done with Fear Factory, I was blown away by how tight he is with his playing.

Divine Heresy - Failed Creation.

People still think endorsements have anything to with ability? :lol:
Dudes, you got me pretty wrong.
This isn't about Dino's skills or innovation
I like Dino, I like Fear Factory, Brujeria, Divine Heresy and so on, and I was there when Demanufacture was released and it was really a bang of innovation.
What I mean is that on the technical and human side there are surely more deserving players (but endorsements have never been about that), but again, this wasn't the point.

The point is that some people like Dino, or Herman Li, to name another, have a mouth too big to keep an endorsement

Latest posts