Distorted bass and pickups?

• Thread starter Ensanguine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ensanguine

Reaction score
Though if your looking at the Stiletto, I would reccomend to look at the Schecter Riot 6. The body shape is beautiful, you can get it with a beautiful wenge top on a swamp ash body, and it has to be one of the most comfortable things I have ever played.

What's the deal with the Riot 6 not being available barely anywhere?? I agree, it looks great but I don't like to idea of having to buy it online from some unknown vendor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
so what's the verdict on distortion pedals?

I want to get one end all be all. Meshuggah/In Flames, style.

so what does everyone recommend. If you didn't have to think about price or value.

EBS? MXR M-8? ibanez PD7? Tech 21 sansamp?

I'm on active pickups. A custom bass with two emgs and a fender american delux jazz bass.

And I'm planning on buying an SVT this year, you can also hear my band, and recommend based on the style. http://www.myspace.com/draconic

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
first search I did I saw the dude from dub trio endorsing it. win.

sounds great.

HaMMerHeD

Reaction score
Here's a pretty good video of Dick's sound from Meshuggah. He primarily uses Line6 effects processors....and of course Warwick basses.

nephilymbass

Bobby Byford
Reaction score
I still think Evil Empire had the best distortion tone. I've tried a bunch of stuff myself. Never with happy results. I guess it would be different if we could run two or three channels of bass live, but I can't and every pedal I've tried sucks low end bad

josh pelican

Banned
Reaction score
Really? You know Neanderthal is a pretty big band in the powerviolence world, seeing as how it's one of Eric's (Man of the Bastard) many side projects. They've been around for many years.

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
Line 6 POD or SansAmp PSA.

That's what meshuggah and napalm death use.

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
we also distort bass tracks always. for example:

Ibanez SR505 - Bartolini + V-amp pro bass (bass solo 1:19)
MP3 Player SoundClick

Yamaha TRB 1005 - stock + Line6 POD Pro bass (begining)