Do we really not have a 2024 solar eclipse thread?

• Thread starter Drew
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Who's going to Spain 2026?
We (my partner and I) are probably going in either 2026 or 2027, or very possibly both years! I'm excited to see the 2027 eclipse, since it's supposed to last upwards of 5 minutes. I'd also excited to visit both Northern and Southern Spain for each eclipse, respectively, assuming we go to both. Kind of a happy concidence, since we were planning a few trips there anyway in the coming years.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
We need to get a head start on the SSO Eclipse Meet Up
We actually had an impromptu one at the last - I don't think he'ss active here anymore, and I can't seem to tag hios account so he may have had it deleted in the mass migration after the last change in ownership, but longtime sevenstringer Soopaman and I managed to connect watching it from the same vineyard in VT. I've known the dude for, um, a very long time we shall not put a number on, but had never met him in the flesh so it was cool as hell. \m/

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
We actually had an impromptu one at the last - I don't think he'ss active here anymore, and I can't seem to tag hios account so he may have had it deleted in the mass migration after the last change in ownership, but longtime sevenstringer Soopaman and I managed to connect watching it from the same vineyard in VT. I've known the dude for, um, a very long time we shall not put a number on, but had never met him in the flesh so it was cool as hell. \m/

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I've certainly been thinking about hitting up Spain or Iceland, but I think going to Australia in 2028 is probably more in the cards for me. While the terrifying fauna of Aussieland does bear consideration, at least I won't have to learn another language. :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I've certainly been thinking about hitting up Spain or Iceland, but I think going to Australia in 2028 is probably more in the cards for me. While the terrifying fauna of Aussieland does bear consideration, at least I won't have to learn another language. :lol:

Might I interest you in, New Zealand?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to go to New Zealand - my wife spent a couple months there in her residency, and it's her favorite place she's ever visited.

That said, I think everyone should have the experience of traveling in a country where they don't really speak the language at least once. It really changes how you see people who dont speak the language of your country.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
They don't have bears in Australia