Does anyone make a 7-string multiscale single coil Telecaster?

• Thread starter laxu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I suppose it's vaguely tele shape (pretty ugly IMO) but it has no Tele pickups.

I believe they mean the Vasti:

No tele pickups either, but it's at least routed for single coils and I'm sure you can get something made. The body shape might not be for everyone but the vintage one looks fantastic to me and it's on my bucket list.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
I thought Balaguer might do it but it looks like they only do humbuckers with multiscale.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lost_horizon

Reaction score
I've been thinking of how cool a traditional Tele in a 7-string multiscale/fanned fret format would be, but does that even exist?

Most multiscale guitars come with humbuckers, or H/S/S at best. I'd like a proper Tele style bridge pickup at least. Body shape can be non-Tele, looking for a classic Tele sound more than anything.
Does it have to have the tele bridge style? Or just pickup?

String through body?

laxu

Reaction score
Does it have to have the tele bridge style? Or just pickup?

String through body?
I'd say I mainly care that it sounds like a Tele with single coils. How much the traditional Tele bridge matters for that I cannot say.

99% of 7+ string multiscales seem to be dual humbuckers and that last 1% is at best H/S/S superstrat type things.

Latest posts