Doom/Stoner/Sludge

• Thread starter spn_phoenix_92
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
A friend of mine showed me these guys a few weeks ago and I've been mercilessly playing this EP over and over ever since. They're an awesome blend of sludgy guitars, slightly ....ty production, and bone crushing riffage :metal: maybe more hardcore than doom, but they still fit the stoner/doom label in my book :shrug:

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
New Conan weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!!!!!

IMO Horseback Battle Hammer is far beyond worlds better than any other release they've ever done. The reason is that it's the slowest (also best tone. Also best song - Krull - which has the best lyrics). I felt that Blood Eagle was too fast too often. Having said that, I still listen to it constantly :lol: . I hope the new one will slow it down like good ol HBH!

MYYYYYYY NAAAAAME IS KRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Recently this is my jam. Also I'm not sure if I saw Thou posted in this thread yet but they are VERY prolific, so here's a good starting point for you!

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
A friend of mine showed me these guys a few weeks ago and I've been mercilessly playing this EP over and over ever since. They're an awesome blend of sludgy guitars, slightly ....ty production, and bone crushing riffage :metal: maybe more hardcore than doom, but they still fit the stoner/doom label in my book :shrug:

For a second I thought it was a hardcore band called Knocked Loose from my old city. I like them equally as much.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
^^

Rep for Beastwars from my home town in NZ. I'm glad you necro-bumped this as I was switched onto a new band at Roadburn.

I don't know if I or someone else posted this but Herder from Friesland in the Netherlands blew my mind live. Their record Gods is so good, but live, they sound even BETTER than the record:

kevink2

Reaction score
Met the bass player of this group on Talkbass, recently released. Amazingly brutal doom project. Fretless instruments, downtuned to E1 for guitars, E0 for bass.

Subetroth