Drum MIDI packs?

• Thread starter Velokki
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Any recommendations for MIDI Drum packs for Superior Drummer? I want to bounce my ideas around with some new drum midi packs. I write stuff that is a mix of Metalcore/Djent/Deathcore, proggy stuff like Cynic or groovy metal like Breaking Benjamin.
I adore the style of Breaking Benjamin and their groovy drum beats, the same with Emmure and Darko.
I already have the Deathlike Fusion (RIP Sean Reinert!) which has been great for me. I've exhausted the stock Metal Machinery stuff, it's very "standard heavy metal" and does not inspire me.

What would you recommend? Thanks
❤

Briz

Lifelong Learner
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've bought a midi pack, but I think Munro Audio and Ugritone are still around.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm down for some discussion. I bought a GGD MIDI pack, hoping I could get it to work with Superior, and no dice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
I'm down for some discussion. I bought a GGD MIDI pack, hoping I could get it to work with Superior, and no dice.
What was your issue with try MIDI? Was it just the mapping?

MIDI should work with any drum program, but the programs will all have thier own mapping. You can correct that manually or you can remap using something like MidiRemap.com. It’s a subscription (which I hate), but it’s only 3 Euros/month, so it’s cheap enough to get all your MIDI together and get it remapped then unsubscribe.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What was your issue with try MIDI? Was it just the mapping?

MIDI should work with any drum program, but the programs will all have thier own mapping. You can correct that manually or you can remap using something like MidiRemap.com. It’s a subscription (which I hate), but it’s only 3 Euros/month, so it’s cheap enough to get all your MIDI together and get it remapped then unsubscribe.
Yes, it was the MIDI mapping. I actually used midiremap, I think they give you 3 or 6 free every 6 months, and it did not work. It gave me a mess of MIDI as output. I even carefully studied the midi maps from SD3 and GGD.

tedtan

Reaction score
I would have expected it to map better.

Was it just a few articulations or was it a significant difference after you had converted it.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would have expected it to map better.

Was it just a few articulations or was it a significant difference after you had converted it.
If I remember, it was just a mess. I thought it would be easy to just try fixing the kick and snare (after the remap), but even that was suprisingly weird. What I got after moving just the kick and snare didn't sound good.

I spent a fair amount of time then gave up. If anyone has a good experience going from GGD to SD I'm game to try again.

gnoll

Reaction score
Sounds like a good time to start writing your own drum parts!

It's easy and fun.

tedtan

Reaction score
If I remember, it was just a mess. I thought it would be easy to just try fixing the kick and snare (after the remap), but even that was suprisingly weird. What I got after moving just the kick and snare didn't sound good.

I spent a fair amount of time then gave up. If anyone has a good experience going from GGD to SD I'm game to try again.
Maybe I’ll avoid using and recommending that MidiRemap site, then.