Duality 7 replica build

• Thread starter shadowvault
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Coreysaur

Reaction score
it-is-so-beatiful.jpg

Edika

Reaction score
It came out brilliant! I am always worried about magnets being close to the pickups but I suppose the ones at the back plate won't be affecting them.

Stompmeister

Reaction score
Absolutely phenomenal work my friends! Good to see some father son bonding going on.

Im not sure if im in the position to point this out, as obvious as it may be, but i think many others on the forum would agree;

When your dad (you) start taking orders, dont let himself be backlogged. I have no idea about your dads history of selling guitars, but because of the potential interest, this could escalate really quick in terms of number of orders.

Just dont end up like another BRJ or S7, thats all im saying. maybe even you (the son) could get in contact with Perry Ormsby and his wing man, just to get some tips on managing orders.

Like i said, may not be my place to say, but just speaking my mind. :2c:

Keep up the sick work (dad) and im looking forward to hearing more from you guys in the future!

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
A flawless effort to say the least. Very solid looking guitar!!
Looking forward to seeing your own designs; after seeing this, I'm sure you will have no problem getting in orders/deposits. Good luck to you both!

The tip from Stompmeister isn't that crazy; Perry Ormsby has always been very nice to fellow luthiers (on top of being a top-notch luthier himself), so do not hesitate to contact him.

Neilzord

.Metal.
Reaction score
Incredible, The work throughout and the finished result is truly outstanding!!

Amazing story too, & I along with no doubt everyone else can't wait to see your own designs!!!!

Congratulations, Can't wait for the full NGD!

Most anticipated build completion ever.

Lifestalker

Reaction score
So glad to see this is finally done. Absolutely mindblowing craftsmanship.

Patiently awaiting the announcement of original designs.

TraE

Reaction score
Dude, super sick. i just saw this thread for the first time today, so I want to commend your father's luthier skills. Everything about the guitar is stunning, and I'm so impressed by all the detail that went into this build. The arched top really sticks out to me (in a good way). Enjoy it, dude, I'm sure it plays and sounds like a dream!

jtm45

Reaction score
Beautiful work indeed!!! :metal:

I must say i'm a bit surprised that there hasn't been a single comment from Vik himself throughout this whole build. I would have thought he'd have at least briefly commented on the workmanship (if nothing else!).

What type of finish did you use on the guitar after ? Looks great and it really brought the colour out in the darker woods especially.

shadowvault

Reaction score
It came out brilliant! I am always worried about magnets being close to the pickups but I suppose the ones at the back plate won't be affecting them.

Nah...They are to tiny and to far away

What type of finish did you use on the guitar after ? Looks great and it really brought the colour out in the darker woods especially.

Tru oil.It really brings out all the wood details

jtm45

Reaction score
Tru oil.It really brings out all the wood details

Wow!!!
Looking at it i thought you were going to say it had a lacquer finish of some kind because it looks quite substantial.
Did you put a lot of coats on and did you use a wax as well or just the Tru Oil ?

I loved that post your father left with the pic of you and him with the guitar. He's a very cool guy indeed! :yesway:

shadowvault

Reaction score
Wow!!!
Looking at it i thought you were going to say it had a lacquer finish of some kind because it looks quite substantial.
Did you put a lot of coats on and did you use a wax as well or just the Tru Oil ?

I loved that post your father left with the pic of you and him with the guitar. He's a very cool guy indeed! :yesway:

Around 15 coats of just Tru Oil

XxJoshxX

Djentleman
Reaction score
I cant tell if Im happy if you got your guitar, or Im sad this thread is endingm

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Absolutely stunning. My compliments to the luthier and congratulations to his incredibly fortunate son. I look forward to seeing your future designs.

Aris_T

Reaction score
Really late to the party, but the work is phenomenal! I don't remember being more stunned with a heel!
Looking forward to your father's new designs!

Congrats (again)!!!