Dying Light

• Thread starter Nile
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Haha It looks interesting but I wasn't a huge fan of the Dead Island games and as far as I can tell they are very similar. I'll have to wait to see some good reviews before I jump on it, though your review isn't making me want to run out and grab it haha

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
The bugs I've seen so far are zombie spazzing out but thats more fun than annoying. Reset glitch eh, sounds bad, hope I'll never see it.

I tried the first Dead Island but I thought it was pretty boring, This is alot more fun, might be becuase of co op (I played dead island single)

TurnTheAirBlue

Reaction score
Pity it was delayed in Europe, I was looking forward to trying it but there'll be other games out by the time it's out. Might pick it up secondhand later in the year.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, it is a pretty good game. I'm enjoying it more than Dead Island.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
I'm loving it so far. The audio effects in the game are pretty damn awesome. They took everything that was wrong with Dead Island and improved it.

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
I liked the gameplay, atmosphere, and nearly everything about Dead Island.
Except things were a bit clunky...Guns were largely useless.....The voice-acting was pissful......
At times it got really lifeless and boring.....The quests were so BORING.......
It had a lot of room for some polish, but all in all, I enjoyed playing it for the atmosphere and overall look of the game.
As a huge fan of zombie games, I'm probably gonna end up picking this up. Looks cool. Looks fun.
Dead Island + Survival game aspects = My Money Spent Immediately. (Just a thought I've always had.)

Dooky

Reaction score
I liked the gameplay, atmosphere, and nearly everything about Dead Island.
Except things were a bit clunky...Guns were largely useless.....The voice-acting was pissful......
At times it got really lifeless and boring.....The quests were so BORING.......
It had a lot of room for some polish, but all in all, I enjoyed playing it for the atmosphere and overall look of the game.
As a huge fan of zombie games, I'm probably gonna end up picking this up. Looks cool. Looks fun.
Dead Island + Survival game aspects = My Money Spent Immediately. (Just a thought I've always had.)
The fake Australian accents in the past Dead Island game were indeed horrendously bad.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
Whatis this reset glitch? Dead Island had quite a few issues that were patched in the first couple months also. Hopefully its not as bad as Assassins Creed Unity.

I plan on picking this up Friday

MoshJosh

Reaction score
So I ended up picking the game up yesterday and I gotta say it's pretty cool. The traversal and combat are both really fun, plus the graphics are really nice, it's just fun haha

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Been playing pretty aggressively since launch, I really enjoy dying light.

Ill say this though, the game is MUCH more fun with coop. If you haven't had a chance to try it with friends I suggest you do so.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
Much better game than Dead Island. I'm at the end of the story and all I can say is .... everything that is the last level. Jesus Christ.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
I did find the story super cheesy and terrible but a lot of the actual gameplay sequences in the main missions are amazing.

"I'm not a leader I'm a god damn parkour instructer!" I literally burst out laughing when Brecken? dropped that line in a cutscene, so terrible.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
The dialogue reminds me of shitty old 80's B-movies, and I love it. Troy Baker still is solid (because he's just an amazing voice actor, Joel from The Last of Us was unbelievable) but even some of his lines are just lol-worthy, and I feel like he knew it.

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
I've played 15 hours and Im at 15% of the story.. It's so easy to just got on a exploring/killing spree instead of doing missions dammit!

I found out a way to easily kill the night zombies if you want some easy xp, at the starting tower, theres a back entrance. just outside to the left theres a barrel with spikes on it and just outside theres an electric fence trap. When they follow you just go in, they stand like idiots in the entrance, then you can quickly go out and hit or kick them into the barrel and they insta-die. of if they step on the fence just activate it. It takes some med kits to do it but I find it very satisfying to kill these badasses so easily :)

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Easiest way to kill the night dudes is 4 player co-op haha me and some buddies slayed like 25 or more of those peeps in one night(game night )

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
I've played 15 hours and Im at 15% of the story.. It's so easy to just got on a exploring/killing spree instead of doing missions dammit!

I found out a way to easily kill the night zombies if you want some easy xp, at the starting tower, theres a back entrance. just outside to the left theres a barrel with spikes on it and just outside theres an electric fence trap. When they follow you just go in, they stand like idiots in the entrance, then you can quickly go out and hit or kick them into the barrel and they insta-die. of if they step on the fence just activate it. It takes some med kits to do it but I find it very satisfying to kill these badasses so easily :)

Thats what I love about the game, I'm on my second go through with my brother right now (we're playing the entire game coop now) and we honestly spend about 95% of our time just running around grabbing air drops, breaking into locked cars, dicking around at night and doing random survivor events. Its a blast.

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Playing it now... There seems to be at least one crash in every 2h playing time. Most of them seem to happen when watching cutscenes. Maybe they'll patch it up. They should also give us the choise of disabling the x-ray stuff and time slowing in combat.

Other than that, it's a shitload better than dead islands were. Parkouring is quite smooth and those zombies can be a real threat when caught in a middle of a horde. Night time is terrifying for now (I'm not too far on the game and my character is quite weak still) and I'm just trying to avoid it at this point. When the sun is setting it's like:
....%2Bthis%2Bshitville.%2Bnope%2Bnope.jpg

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
playing it on PS4 since launch. so far i've only encountered one bug.

i was climbing that radio tower for Rais
and once i got to the top i suddenly teleported to being UNDERNEATH the world map under the tower. it didn't kill me though, and apparently i was in water. so i swam to the nearest area where land meets water and it let me pass through the ground and get back on top. walked all the way back and finished what i was doing. good thing i didn't have to suicide and start from a check point.

otherwise it's been a blast, and i really like how fresh it feels compared to Dead Island. also like the use of the DS4 speaker and lightbar.