Dying Light

• Thread starter Nile
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Finished this yesterday. The ending was a bitch. Not going to spoil it, but it was so bad that I almost wanted to erase it from my memory :D

Ribboz

Enjoy
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the gameplay. Definitely feels like an improvement on dead island. I had performance issues but luckily that was patched and runs great now.(I wish it ran great during my first play through though)

The game definitely has issues. There just isn't enough. The main maps are large. With very little to do in them. In new game plus none of the side missions came back other than time trials. So it feels like I have even less the second time. Give us more missions and more meat to the story. More Jade. What even caused the zombie outbreak? I don't even remember if it was covered in the game. At least in dead island we got the who what where when why on the story.

The story isn't great. Rais is just annoying and repetitive. Though I did find it funny how halfheartedly he tries to have you killed. I feel like he barely tried. Jade feels like she could have been interesting. But she's no where to be seen for a majority of the game. When Rais wanted her to fight for him I as annoyed that they would force me to kidnap her. Then I was actually disappointed there was no big fight for her. Maybe having her in the arena when you were would have added more dramatic element and made you actually start to care about her. I felt nothing for her during a certain part where we were obviously suppose to. So I'm not invested in the characters but kind of invested in helping people? Even though the main character is an idiot who is forced to do things you don't wanna do. And I hate when other characters have to do something stupid to move the plot along. Stop with that. But then I just can't over look the ending. STOP STOP DOING THIS. It's not cinematic. It's not fun. It is annoying!

So to any dead island fans you will probably enjoy it. I know I did. Anyone else I would recommend watching some gameplay videos and judge for yourself if you're interested. Or wait for it to go on sale.