EBMM JP16

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Floyd Rose? nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

The JP floating bridge is one of my favourites of all time. I wonder why they changed it

Petrucci wanted a Floyd equipped guitar? Just going out on a limb.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I like this guitar and I like Floyd Roses. But I don't think if I were buying a guitar with a locking trem I'd go for this.

I don't think I could justify buying a JP without my favourite thing about the JP, it's trem. Does look cool blacked out except for the headstock, though.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I dig that actually, but over $2000 and no OFR? Just a pretty lame move.

Viginez

Reaction score
that must be the most expensive 1000series fr equiped guitar ever

ridiculous

but it looks great

LavaScript

Spicy Basil Pesto
Reaction score
Honestly I think EB are making a good choice releasing this one with a Floyd, I believe it will pull in a lot of people who questioned the JP trem.

Oh and that headstock.... sex af ;D

Viginez

Reaction score
idk, but it's still a cheap fr, piezo or not

feraledge

Reaction score
I think it's more confusing that they even make a FR1000 with Piezos given that the increased charge for an OFR can't be much in comparison to the cost of Piezo saddles. But what do I know? I'd be more interested in an OFR and no Piezo. That is if I was going to buy this guitar.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm just thinking of reasons why they'd use a FR1000 series on a premium guitar.

First PRS did this with the CE24, now EBMM. The hell's going on? :ugh:

trem licking

Reaction score
not that i disagree with you guys... for this price an original floyd should be used, but the FR1000 is supposed to be identical to the original in every way. Carvin is even using the 1000 series on their seven strings and their guitars can get up to or exceed this price. just an observation.

feraledge

Reaction score
not that i disagree with you guys... for this price an original floyd should be used, but the FR1000 is supposed to be identical to the original in every way. Carvin is even using the 1000 series on their seven strings and their guitars can get up to or exceed this price. just an observation.

TBH, I haven't had an issue with 1000s and would probably never swap one out for an OFR without having another reason to. But it's still a strange move on a guitar this pricey.
The difference with Carvin is that their baseline prices are within the realm of "that makes sense for an FR1000", everything else that puts the guitar over is itemized customizations. So even though you could buy a $2500 Kiesel with a FR1000 it's not the same as buying a $2500 production guitar with one.

trem licking

Reaction score
yeah i can see where you're coming from. a guitar of this money-tude should have balls out known quality components used. i felt the same way about the chinese made edge zeros being put on high end jcustom ibanezes and whatnot, though i have no experience with the quality of those it's still off putting. carvin's claim with using the fr1000 series on their sevens is that they were actually having issues with the original floyds and the korean counterparts were of better quality currently. but im veering off topic, yes these should have original german floyds or gotohs IMO

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
I've never played an FR1000 that didn't work flawlessly and while yes the OFR has its premiums, I honestly don't see an issue with the bridge in this model and as has been pointed out before piezo Floyd saddles are NOT cheap and the technology in this guitar alone is worth the price tag.

Shask

Reaction score
I actually like the looks of that. Never liked the trems on the JP guitars, and a Floyd is much better, and it looks nice.

However, I also agree with the above. 1000 series on a $2500 guitar? Seriously? Take out the piezo, make it $1399 and they will see many of these sell.

Bilbone Shaggins

Burglar 4 S8N
Reaction score
I'm guessing they went back to the 15" radius? Or does FR now make a 17" bridge? I feel like larger frets would pull in more first-time JP users than the change in trem system.

Shask

Reaction score
I've never played an FR1000 that didn't work flawlessly and while yes the OFR has its premiums, I honestly don't see an issue with the bridge in this model and as has been pointed out before piezo Floyd saddles are NOT cheap and the technology in this guitar alone is worth the price tag.

I have two 1000-series that work great. No complaints. However, those are also on $700 guitars.....

A-Branger

Reaction score
it doesnt have piezzo, the back plate was probably one of the 187541269 they have on stock mass produced

it makes sense as Petrucci doesnt use piezzo in every song and he likes to change guitars quite often during gigs. Also this and the floyd I bet you is to please the masses, same with the ebony, roasted neck, black hardware. This guitar seems to be more of a "fan made" rather than "Petrucci made"

PBGas

Reaction score
Love the guitar! I've been wanting a Floyd setup on this model since they first came out. I am not at all a fan of the stock trem.

It doesn't look like there is a Piezo setup for this even though the back plate shows it. Hopefully not because I hate that godawful jack in the back.

Will be looking at getting the 7 string version of this one for sure!