ESP 2018 Preview is up: lots of new 7 models

• Thread starter cardinal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I think I remember reading somewhere that he only chose that pickup configuration because he thought it looked cool

Yup, Because he liked the Buddy Blaze guitars that Vivian Campbell played. Thought they looked cool.

il_340x270.639140087_rjy0.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zarg

Reaction score
I really like that seven string multiscale, sad that it's just black.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
I think I remember reading somewhere that he only chose that pickup configuration because he thought it looked cool

It's his guitar and all, but as an SC-607B owner, I remember being very fucking annoyed when I read this somewhere awhile back. Couldn't he at least have thought an HS or HSS config "looked sweet"? :lol:

Marchpip

What?
Reaction score
can someone tell me if the '20' in SC20 is a sign for being a lower price/lower quality model? I know that Ibanez is doing something like the higher the number, the higher the quality, but I'm not that familiar with ESP.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
can someone tell me if the '20' in SC20 is a sign for being a lower price/lower quality model? I know that Ibanez is doing something like the higher the number, the higher the quality, but I'm not that familiar with ESP.

The 20 is for 20th Anniversary of his first signature release. It should be equal to the 600 Signature Series and 1000 Deluxe lines.

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score

I believe the 20 signifies it being his 20th anniversary model

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
main_f1uhd.jpg

*mmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh*
I'm always amazed at the degree of your brand loyalty to one company and utter dislike for another when they both share the same corporate body.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Wicked stuff. 8 string single cut for the win! That Viper is sick as well.

EDIT: Finally a budget Arrow as well!

Zado

Reaction score
I'm always amazed at the degree of your brand loyalty to one company and utter dislike for another when they both share the same corporate body.
Dont get me wrong man, I like Esp as well, problem is I never see what I want to see, and that's the brand I have the highest expectation of . There have been years in the past(not even that far too) I felt utterly disappointed by Schecter as well. I just can t see anything that suits me apart from the Kamikaze. I like sparklin colors, but totally hate the way the SC models look, Im no fan of Hammet inlays at all like I said and dont have any interest in 7-8-9-fanned-erg-evertune stuff. Take those away from 2018 Esp guitars and whats left?

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
The black metal and increasing number of sonic/daphne blue guitars has me stoked (they had some more previews and end of season add ons that didn't make it in the preview). For LTD, this is a lot of new stuff that they're adding in. Schecter will always be more experimental than ESP, so I'd say the new stuff this year seems considerable.
Hoping for the same with EII, but doubtful. I do think we'll see a number of new ESP USA options though. Maybe the return of the Horizon? New shapes otherwise I'd say is unlikely.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong man, I like Esp as well, problem is I never see what I want to see, and that's the brand I have the highest expectation of . There have been years in the past(not even that far too) I felt utterly disappointed by Schecter as well. I just can t see anything that suits me apart from the Kamikaze. I like sparklin colors, but totally hate the way the SC models look, Im no fan of Hammet inlays at all like I said and dont have any interest in 7-8-9-fanned-erg-evertune stuff. Take those away from 2018 Esp guitars and whats left?

they gotta get that niche money. it's all erg all the time.

Passtheapathy

Reaction score
ESP seriously needs to direct mount ALL of their pickups and start using hipshots/evertunes instead of those hideous tune-o-matic/tone pros/whatever they are.

Korneo

Reaction score
"Updated LTD KH-602. The guitar includes new EMG Kirk Hammett Bone Breaker Signature pickups "

Well, here it is

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
dat green Stephen Carpenter reissue :bowdown:

seems like Ibanez has lost this year's game before they even started.
There's the RG550 reissues, RG570, their fixed bridge counterparts, and the AZ (the strat-like model that some endorsers were playing this year) coming out next year, and there's probably more to be announced soon.