ESP 2018 Preview is up: lots of new 7 models

• Thread starter cardinal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
^
Agreed

fetch

Necky379

Reaction score
As cool as that SC-20 is I wish they would reissue the sunburst SC-607. I cannot find one. That being said, I’m going to have a hard time passing up the chance to buy the 20 since that was really this first signature model I ever dreamed of owning when I was younger. Hopefully this is the first of more Stef reissues, give me a sunburst Sc-607 and a SRC-7 next ESP, please.

dlam_ivs

Reaction score
I wish they had just reissued the SC-600 instead of doing the slanted neck pickup. I've always liked the pickup configuration on Stephen's guitars, but I cannot stand that neck position because it messes with the pickup symmetry.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I really want that red sparkle on the 608b, but on a 7 string TE model with a floyd rose and some black nickel fishman moderns. Ah, I can dream...

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
The purple sparkle KH, with those skull inlays... Who is it for?
I can only guess for KH fanboys that gotta have everything with his name on it. Or people that really want a purple sparkle MII, but don't want to pay top dollar for their own custom. Frankly, if it had a maple board instead of rosewood and no skull inlays, I would have fallen in love. But yeah, obviously knew that wasn't going to happen.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Dammit was hoping on word if there be a ESP MIJ version of the Ken Susi Blingmachine...

19028-desktop.jpg

Rtf417

Reaction score
I wish they had just reissued the SC-600 instead of doing the slanted neck pickup. I've always liked the pickup configuration on Stephen's guitars, but I cannot stand that neck position because it messes with the pickup symmetry.
I have a few of the old ESP STEF SRC 6-String guitars that came out back in the late 90’s. What do you mean by position of the pickup symmetry?? A lot of people bag on the pickup configuration of these guitars but I don’t get why. The 3 pickup configuration in this guitar is quite unique as you can get a variety of great tones out of this guitar.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Having a middle and neck pickup makes sense. You get a slew of tones like you would on a Strat, but with more beef because of the bridge and middle bucker. Super versatile.

Having a middle with no neck makes no sense. Not as versatile and you don't get the awesomeness that is the neck + middle combined.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Some cool stuff from Edwards and ESP Japan as well...

E-MR-FR7_SP_NATS.png

E-MR-FR7_BKS.png

E-SN-24_FIXED_7ST_STBKS.png

snapper7_ohmura_custom_tp.jpg

m-seven_dcar.png

I know this is a 6 but this has to be the coolest finish on a Horizon-1 I've seen in a long time.
horizon-1_rusty_angle.png
Where did you get the ESP Japan info? Trying to see what else they will have.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
As cool as that SC-20 is I wish they would reissue the sunburst SC-607. I cannot find one. That being said, I’m going to have a hard time passing up the chance to buy the 20 since that was really this first signature model I ever dreamed of owning when I was younger. Hopefully this is the first of more Stef reissues, give me a sunburst Sc-607 and a SRC-7 next ESP, please.

While there's still time for them to announce a 7 string equivalent of the SC20 I doubt they'll be more Stef reissues on the way as the SC20 is part of their one off artist sig thing which focuses on replicas/reissues of artist guitars such as the Vernon Reid and Page Hamilton sigs or limited edition finishes like they did for Kirk Hammett and Jeff Hanneman.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Where did you get the ESP Japan info? Trying to see what else they will have.

All this stuff has been out for a while. You can find it on ESP Japan's website but I generally use something like Ikebe Gakki, Digimart, or Ishibashi