ESP 2021 New Models

• Thread starter Rotatous
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Well dang, OK then. I mean, there was only so many times I could watch the same video of him turning into the Anti Christ with some elaborate head-dress and shaky camera work; I've definitely fallen off the Behemoth train after Evangelist (really had to fight not to just call it Evangelion). Not to mention Nergal going around and making everything under the sun a Behemoth brand product (Behemoth coffee anyone?), or making as many weird endorsements as he can under the Nergal name.

That EC ain't bad though
You gotta diversify if you want to keep raking in heaps of cash during these uncertain times.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Can't speak for all of the merch-products, but wasn't the coffee a super limited run/PR stunt type thing?
Or am I thinking of the GOD=DOG dogfood they did?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well dang, OK then. I mean, there was only so many times I could watch the same video of him turning into the Anti Christ with some elaborate head-dress and shaky camera work; I've definitely fallen off the Behemoth train after Evangelist (really had to fight not to just call it Evangelion). Not to mention Nergal going around and making everything under the sun a Behemoth brand product (Behemoth coffee anyone?), or making as many weird endorsements as he can under the Nergal name.

That EC ain't bad though

I can respect the hustle, dude gotta eat.

But yeah, they haven't released anything worth listening to more than once in a good while.

musicaldeath

Herald of Djod
Reaction score
I keep thinking The Satanist was the most recent album and that it got released recently - but it was five years ago haha. That was the last album that had anything I really carried for other than Wolves ov Siberia (sucker for when they go back to their more black metal style riffs).

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Reaction score
I've been watching josh's twitch streams and he always describes what his signature guitar would look like. Now i see this picture from kerrag and i wonder could it be a new prototype. As far as i know there is no ltd currently looking like this

The new Architects video has very few shots where Josh's guitar is visible, but it certainly looks like a new guitar. As far as I could tell from the one shot it's visible for like a second, it has a quilted maple top with an tiger eye burst. I've never watched his streams so if he described it as this, I'm game.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The new Architects video has very few shots where Josh's guitar is visible, but it certainly looks like a new guitar. As far as I could tell from the one shot it's visible for like a second, it has a quilted maple top with an tiger eye burst. I've never watched his streams so if he described it as this, I'm game.

So yeah, it's pretty much gonna like his Horizon but with a reverse headstock.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Any idea of what bridge it had? Hoping for an Evertune sig model

Looks like a TOM, string thru body. It's definitely bolt-on, bound body (looked like the binding might be pearl?), I think it's an M rather than a Horizon (the shots where I paused it, never saw any reflection to suggest an arched top). I thought it was one-colour, possibly see-through, but I did see the one shot that OliOliver's referring to where it 'could' be a burst.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Looks like a TOM, string thru body. It's definitely bolt-on, bound body (looked like the binding might be pearl?), I think it's an M rather than a Horizon (the shots where I paused it, never saw any reflection to suggest an arched top). I thought it was one-colour, possibly see-through, but I did see the one shot that OliOliver's referring to where it 'could' be a burst.
Definitely an M. Not really a bad thing, but a bummer that it isn't a new Horizon sig with a burst, bolt on neck and reverse inline headstock. That would be sick.Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 12.22.28 PM.png

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Alright looking back at the picture posted a week or so ago, I can see the flat top now. :lol: So it's definitely going to be a Mirage but with specs similar to his Horizon.

I'm also thinking I see a bit of a cutaway? Like the M-1 Custom?

xlarge.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Reaction score
josh new guitar 1.png josh new guitar 2.png josh new guitar 3.png josh new guitar 4.png

I don't post often so no idea if these pics will work, but to answer questions:

Hard to make out on 1080p monitor, even with 5K video resolution, but truss cover seems to say "JM-6" which would follow ESP's standard naming conventions.
Heel makes it appear to be neck-thru.
TOM bridge with string-thru body.
Appears to be single volume set up, presumably push/pull for voicings. No idea what kind of pickup switch.
Fishman Fluence Moderns.
Definitely a quilted maple top/veneer.
Colour could be either tiger eye burst, or grey burst like some of his Horizons.

EDIT: Accidentally overwritten the first picture which was showing it as string-thru. Can't be arsed to go back and do it again, tbh.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Reaction score
Can't blame him, it's a pretty sick mash up. My only downside is not liking actives, but changing pickups is easy as shit. Could be worth thinking about grabbing this one