ESP 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
During the replay live stream, an ESP rep said that they're 'in the same family as a black winter'
That would make sense, BWs also have Triple
Ceramics.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
During the replay live stream, an ESP rep said that they're 'in the same family as a black winter'
Whoops I confused the Distortion with the Invader. The Distortion has a double-thick magnet while the BW and Invader use 3 ceramic magnets. So it's the wind of a Custom with the magnet(s) of a BW/Invader. Also for some reason I thought the Distortion used ceramic flanks instead of plastic spacers as well but nope. Also probably thinking of the Gibson 500T which also does the triple-ceramic deal

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
So I am watching the “ESP Presents” YouTube thing and it looks like 2024 heralds a new ESP flagship… an Epiphone LP Special with a hot pickup…

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just had to watch the video. Now I want the EC-01FT in white.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Wish they hadn't leaned on those single pickup ECs for so much of the video. That and having homie from Rancid babbling for 5 minutes. Would've been cool if they'd had more guitars demoed.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
So after having a good week or so to mull things over (and honestly this comment kinda goes for new guitars in general at the moment):

The releases this year so far in terms of specs/designs have been sick. However I'm personally done buying new instruments now. The prices on the 1000 series LTDs are beyond insane.

For an experiment I used an inflation calculator to look at the cost of generic goods in my country (Australia) from 2010 to current day. In 2010, high-end LTDs and LTD Artist models were sitting around the $1999AUD price mark. Based on the calculator, goods at that price TODAY should cost roughly $2648AUD, and I was expecting these to sit around the $2700AUD mark (still high, however again inflation is a thing). The STREET price for a lot of these 1000 series LTDs is sitting at around the $3000AUD mark - in the case of that Baritone arrow, that's sitting at $3399 for fuck's sake. $3k AUD will buy a used ESP standard or E-II any day of the week ending in 'y'.

I'm just one dude on a niche guitar forum so me voting with my wallet probably won't do a lot however I can't do this anymore, the pricing is genuinely taking the piss at this point.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion
The Les Paul shape with a flat top makes me puke

I really like the Horizon reissues but ESP/LTD has become very boring with the colors...Polar White, Black, Apple Candy Red, Charcoal Burst

I have enough guitars in those base colors and I find the charcoal burst horrible

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
There's nothing 1987 about the horizon colors -- they're the same stock colors ESP has been pushing on their original series for years. The least they could do is roll out one custom color and a production color each year. Some of the nicest recent horizons have been the guitarsrebellion custom order colors... idiotic to not at least put one batch of them out there to the rest of the world vs. white/car/black.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Wish they hadn't leaned on those single pickup ECs for so much of the video. That and having homie from Rancid babbling for 5 minutes. Would've been cool if they'd had more guitars demoed.

Ha! I like Lars enough, but not necessarily because of his playing. I would rather have seen Sammy rip some more Goatwhore tunes on the 87 Horizon or seen some other demos as well though.

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
On zzounds they’re showing a January 29th in-stock for the EC 01FT. How realistic is that? I have a buyer for my GOC which is my only guitar. I plan on selling it and buying my first LTD.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
On zzounds they’re showing a January 29th in-stock for the EC 01FT. How realistic is that? I have a buyer for my GOC which is my only guitar. I plan on selling it and buying my first LTD.
I’d hold off selling until you actually have the ec in hand.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Yeah why would you sell your only instrument for something you haven't even tried yet and have no real idea when you might receive.

Nanker Phelge

Reaction score
ESP tweeted today (Sunday) that “many of our “new for 2024” instruments will begin shipping in early February “