ESP 2024

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
It's like they took the mayones route and decided to make themselves boutique by jacking up the prices for the oooohhh it's so fucking expensive I have to have one crowd.

To be honest, it seems like too many people here are acting entirely oblivious to how the overwhelming majority of the world is experiencing the most significant inflation rates since the early 1900s. I don't think ESP is pulling a fast one here, I think they're just adjusting according to the unfortunately terrible economic climate worldwide.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bjjman

Reaction score
Fellow Strayan here, which stores? When I saw the Shiva has the standard U neck, I decided to pull the trigger, price in dollarydoos be damned.
In NSW Guitar Factory Parramatta have a bunch, Belfield Music as well. Sky Music in VIC look like they have some. Probably some other stores too. Please buy them before I have to :) Don't need any guitars but this is a cool lineup.

nerdywhale

Reaction score
In NSW Guitar Factory Parramatta have a bunch, Belfield Music as well. Sky Music in VIC look like they have some. Probably some other stores too. Please buy them before I have to :) Don't need any guitars but this is a cool lineup.
Love your work. Can’t guarantee I’ll buy them all, but maybe one. Hope that helps! :D

Strange that ESP Australia is claiming that the BK-600 vintage silverburst is a “2024 model” when it’s just a very late 2023 model. Might have to make some calls.

FrashyFroo

Reaction score
My Gas for this guitar is extreme

All the ec-01FT colours are listed as "available in several months" at Thomann. The bigger musicstores in my country are saying 31 weeks. Some Australian websites are claiming they already have them in stock though.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
If the Javier Reyes gold strat is any indicator, I wouldn't bet on that. $20 says January 2025!
I’m fully expecting this, lol.

I’m probably going to order the purple Jackson Kelly too, so I’m hoping that arrives by summer and holds me over until the LTD arrives.

I’m in the middle of selling off a bunch of gear too, so hopefully that will give me time to make some room.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Mayones makes some of, if not the, best neck through guitars on the planet. I don't prefer them, but they're worth the money all day imo. Their bolt ons aren't robbing anyone, either- competition in that bracket is thick, though. ESP makes some great guitars. The best? I need convincing on that point. I tend to prefer them more than Mayones FWIW, but that's preference.

If ESP wants to put those price tags on they need to improve their QC in the EII line at the very least. Last time I put my money on them I got two guitars in a row to send back to the online merchant for defects. On the matter ESP said, "If it left the factory it passed our QC", which I take to mean, "We DGAF, we got our money". That's not the type of mentality and product support which leads to world class guitars in any economy.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
To be honest, it seems like too many people here are acting entirely oblivious to how the overwhelming majority of the world is experiencing the most significant inflation rates since the early 1900s. I don't think ESP is pulling a fast one here, I think they're just adjusting according to the unfortunately terrible economic climate worldwide.
Yeah, people aren't complaining about them being expensive their complaining about them being unaffordable compared to before. Considering this is the budget line and wages don't track with inflation very well. If a USA Gibson LP Special is the same price as an LTD copy, why would anyone buy the LTD? How is that a budget brand?

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I've had three guitars in my life before I registered on SSO. (15 years holy...) Since then, I've had... lots more. Lots. Not as much as many, but they just got more lots than I did. If I signed up today I'd be bankrupt in 5 years instead.

Zado

Reaction score
Mayones makes some of, if not the, best neck through guitars on the planet. I don't prefer them, but they're worth the money all day imo. Their bolt ons aren't robbing anyone, either- competition in that bracket is thick, though. ESP makes some great guitars. The best? I need convincing on that point. I tend to prefer them more than Mayones FWIW, but that's preference.

At the moment, here in Europe,.a Mayones serious is cheaper than high end LTDs (and Schecs). Honestly that's quite scary considering the quality gap between them

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
I do think it's funny that Jackson has been charging this much for their MIK stuff for a couple of years now but they get away with it because it's a "premium" product as compared to the hilariously inconsistent QC on their Indo stuff.

That said, they've been very savvy with their new Chinese imports and the American series stuff. ESP should take a cue from at least one of those lines

FrashyFroo

Reaction score
I do think it's funny that Jackson has been charging this much for their MIK stuff for a couple of years now but they get away with it because it's a "premium" product as compared to the hilariously inconsistent QC on their Indo stuff.

That said, they've been very savvy with their new Chinese imports and the American series stuff. ESP should take a cue from at least one of those lines
None of the Jackson prices are quite as ludicrous as the msrp of the Gary Holt signature SV though. In fact the unoffical MIJ Jackson Laiho signature Rhoads is the same price. It's wild to me how that GH SV is more money than a Gibson Les Paul Standard.

The Korean Jackson Concept guitars from the last few years also had specs you wouldn't find on any ESP short of an E-II, like a Floyd Rose original. Sadly, the new ones have been downgraded to a 1000.

Jynx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Are Jackson any good as a make? Kind of like this orange one.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
None of the Jackson prices are quite as ludicrous as the msrp of the Gary Holt signature SV though. In fact the unoffical MIJ Jackson Laiho signature Rhoads is the same price. It's wild to me how that GH SV is more money than a Gibson Les Paul Standard.

The Korean Jackson Concept guitars from the last few years also had specs you wouldn't find on any ESP short of an E-II, like a Floyd Rose original. Sadly, the new ones have been downgraded to a 1000.

Agreed re the new LTD sig premium being absolutely insane; didn't realise the Holt SV is priced that ludicrously. Same price as the new MJ Rhoads is shocking although I wonder how good those really are. My old Chushin one is good but certainly not E-II level.

FWIW I'd rather a production guitar comes with an FR1000 as IME they're the same as the OFR just cheaper. It's a cost-cutting means that doesn't leave the consumer worse off.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
The emblem of this whole scenario is the new Yamaha line, Pacifica models for about 2.5-3k :lol:
Exactly!

I saw a couple of videos last night and thought "That Professional model looks pretty damn nice. Wonder what the price is?" thinking it would be like $1500-$1600.

Saw prerelease models on Sweetwater at $2200 and just rolled my eyes and moved on. Out of their damn minds at that price and Yamaha does not have the luxury of frequent buyers affluent enough or willing to spend regardless of price that ESP tends to have.

manu80

Reaction score
So an EC1000 is now the same price as an esp eclipse back in the day...holy sh.....