ESP 2024

Musiscience

Reaction score
I’ve been looking at the 2024 lineup, and the 87 keeps growing on me.

IMG_0106.png
However, I’m a bit confused by the HS config. What is the advantage of a mini humbucker in the neck vs an actual humbucker? Is there something I’m missing?

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at the 2024 lineup, and the 87 keeps growing on me.

View attachment 141091
However, I’m a bit confused by the HS config. What is the advantage of a mini humbucker in the neck vs an actual humbucker? Is there something I’m missing?

The advantage is it looks cool AF and is the classic Horizon style.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
The advantage is it looks cool AF and is the classic Horizon style.

I'm not someone who enjoys playing single coils or mini buckers, yet the HS configuration is the most pleasing to my eye. Still gassing for an RG565 reissue. That single coil in the neck just makes it look MEAN for some reason.

Moongrum

Reaction score
This was posted in the solar thread: https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/solar-guitars-by-ola-englund.326469/post-5630118

ESP USA Direction series? :scratch:
ESP has confusing branding. In another recent thread people were talking about what E-II is and whether it was the former Standard series or LTD Elite.
Now we got E-II's getting called USA Direction series😵‍💫
That price is crazy, though, it's 3.1k new: https://www.espguitars.com/products/24215-e-ii-m-ii-7b-baritone-evertune
New E-II must sell for peanuts in Japan.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This was posted in the solar thread: https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/solar-guitars-by-ola-englund.326469/post-5630118

ESP USA Direction series? :scratch:
ESP has confusing branding. In another recent thread people were talking about what E-II is and whether it was the former Standard series or LTD Elite.
Now we got E-II's getting called USA Direction series😵‍💫
That price is crazy, though, it's 3.1k new: https://www.espguitars.com/products/24215-e-ii-m-ii-7b-baritone-evertune
New E-II must sell for peanuts in Japan.

That's just an E-II model. It's been out for a few years. I think the "ESP USA Direction" thing is just a mis-translation on the Ishibashi site. Or they mean it's a model aimed at the US market.

It's hilarious that people are still confused about the E-II branding, though. Shows how dumb it was on ESP's part. It's basically the equivalent of Ibanez Prestige. It's their mass-produced MIJ line--below the Original/Custom series.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
ESP USA horizon III slab body with bevels. Looks cool apart from the stupid ass burst following the forearm contour like they're hiding a beveled off veneer. Why tf would anyone ever do that on a solid ash body?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I don’t hate it, reminds me of a teased ESP E-II model from about 7-8 years ago that never made it into production. The color is not great and the ESP Web Store exclusivity is odd.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
I don’t hate it, reminds me of a teased ESP E-II model from about 7-8 years ago that never made it into production. The color is not great and the ESP Web Store exclusivity is odd.

Love the richlite. The guitar world needs more richlite/ebonol.

Zado

Reaction score

Looks like something Schecter would make

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Here is the one I was thinking of that showed up in 2018 previews, but never made it to production.

1711631383413.png

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I'll come around to richlite when it gets more than three hideous colors. That's more of an edgy take than reality deserves probably, the black looks perfectly fine, but otherwise it seems to only be utilized making terrible eyesores.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll come around to richlite when it gets more than three hideous colors. That's more of an edgy take than reality deserves probably, the black looks perfectly fine, but otherwise it seems to only be utilized making terrible eyesores.

It comes in a few dozen colors, you just see a couple as stand-ins for the more common fretboard woods.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
@MaxOfMetal A few months ago I did a decent search for anything other than black and black-purple/red/blue/white and didn't find any other colors that were actually being sold. I haven't seen many cosmetic analogs to anything other than ebony, either. Would be cool to know.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
They offer Richlite in tons of colours. Fretboard wise they do Ebony, a slightly roasted birdseye maple looking effort, and I think perhaps a rosewood type?