ESP Custom Shop Kamikaze-II 7-String @ Axe Palace (Not For Sale)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey guys! I dont get to post much anymore but I had to share this piece I had built for a customer of mine over here at The Axe Palace. He is a member here but I respect his privacy. How cool is this?? Again, not for sale, already sold, just wanted to share!

IMG_4276.jpg

Kami2-7 02.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Lynch's fretboards are always pretty wide on the 6's. How did that translate to the 7?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Lynch's fretboards are always pretty wide on the 6's. How did that translate to the 7?
I was curious to see how that turned out also, as I have never commissioned a seven string Lynch, but it plays like a dream. It feels like a typical ESP Snapper neck profile, but a little thinner. It's not extra wide. It does weigh a ton like most of his models though!

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
sweat-sweating.gif

That color scheme works so well on the Kamikaze.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm in two minds about it. It looks killer with that paint job on a 7, scales up really nice. But when you're in the mood for Lynch stuff, do you ever need a 7th string?
What if you're like me who has never heard a single thing Lynch has ever recorded, but just love the design so play them for drop-tuned metal anyways? I love my Kami III and IV. A 7 would be so cool. One day.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
What if you're like me who has never heard a single thing Lynch has ever recorded, but just love the design so play them for drop-tuned metal anyways? I love my Kami III and IV. A 7 would be so cool. One day.
Sure, if it works for that. The tonality of mine have just always suited 80s guitar sounds well (even if that's rarely Lynch specifically) so I haven't bothered setting them up any differently. But if we're making 7-string versions of people's 6-string signature models with metal in mind, I want to see the Roope Latvala RS-1 7-string.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sure, if it works for that. The tonality of mine have just always suited 80s guitar sounds well (even if that's rarely Lynch specifically) so I haven't bothered setting them up any differently. But if we're making 7-string versions of people's 6-string signature models with metal in mind, I want to see the Roope Latvala RS-1 7-string.

They work amazing for heavier stuff. My Kami IV is in Drop Bb and Kami III in C# standard and they rip. I replaced the bridge pickups in both with alternate Seymour Duncans.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So glad the chose this Kamikaze. The best looking one by far.
Also good to see ESP is still willing to do the nanner headstock.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I'm in two minds about it. It looks killer with that paint job on a 7, scales up really nice. But when you're in the mood for Lynch stuff, do you ever need a 7th string?
This is the same reason we disagree about 7 string Jazzmasters

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
This is the same reason we disagree about 7 string Jazzmasters

I get it if you like the shape. I don't get it if you're basically using the concept of "what if" as a lazy and ultimately futile attempt to breathe life into a hobby in lieu of practicing. Wouldn't it open so many interesting possibilities if you had a classic jazzmaster pickup and a 7th string? Nah, probably not. You just have a unnecessarily expensive jazzmaster with low resale value.