ESP Custom Shop Kamikaze-II 7-String @ Axe Palace (Not For Sale)

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hot take: jazzmasters suck

Not really hot take: that Kamikaze is so fucking good and I don't really care much about Lynch. Respect to him as a player but I've never listened to much of his stuff... I would 100% play anything tuned down on that 7!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Man, when I die I want to come back as Lee. I remember his posting about getting all of the different Kamis, so it’s nice to see them coming together. I don’t know how much money he has, but I’d do the same thing if I could! (Except 8s, lol.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Fwiw Lynch has use a couple of baritone guitars, even had a sig baritone Forest and I think an Ultra Tone baritone sig in Japan. So him using a 7 string isn't too silly lol

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Fwiw Lynch has use a couple of baritone guitars, even had a sig baritone Forest and I think an Ultra Tone baritone sig in Japan. So him using a 7 string isn't too silly lol

I don't know how he got from the obvious move of wanting that sound and making a 7-string or baritone kamikaze, and somehow winding up with that tribal baritone forest guitar...

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
FWIW Lynch had two prototype 7s made with moving pickups on rails with motors. I'll post pics later.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I get it if you like the shape. I don't get it if you're basically using the concept of "what if" as a lazy and ultimately futile attempt to breathe life into a hobby in lieu of practicing. Wouldn't it open so many interesting possibilities if you had a classic jazzmaster pickup and a 7th string? Nah, probably not. You just have a unnecessarily expensive jazzmaster with low resale value.
FWIW I've spent all my "guitar time" the last few days actually practicing, and it kinda sucks. My fingers hurt. Practicing seems highly overrated. Much more pleasant to blame my gear for my poor results and to buy more stuff hoping for better results.

narad

Reaction score
FWIW I've spent all my "guitar time" the last few days actually practicing, and it kinda sucks. My fingers hurt. Practicing seems highly overrated. Much more pleasant to blame my gear for my poor results and to buy more stuff hoping for better results.

Yea, don't get me wrong. I'm all for slacking off and not practicing and designing cool looking custom guitars. The mistake is in thinking a custom guitar is going to unlock some new tonal experience that changes everything. So to that I say, save the money. If you want a low sound with Jazzmaster pickups, you're financially better off having -2- regular jazzmasters set up differently than custom ordering a crazy 7-string jazzmaster. This is not really related to the Lynch, I'm just trying to stop Steven from making a mistake.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
We all know who ordered it! Killer guitar.
Was thinking the same thing! I imagine he’ll pop out of the woods again sooner or later to show all of his new toys. I absolutely love looking at his gear!

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
There was a rumour of that order going around but I didn't know it was a Kami 2.

I wish I had a 7 string banana... I only have smol and feeble 6 string banana headstock.

narad

Reaction score
There was a rumour of that order going around but I didn't know it was a Kami 2.

I wish I had a 7 string banana... I only have smol and feeble 6 string banana headstock.

I think it's all Kamis - I to IV

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The more I come back and look at this pic the more I like it. The 7th string adjustment accentuates the flatness/widness of it. I'd like to see it in a solid color (guessing it wouldn't seem as nice). Any of those on order?

Solid color ones? Nah that's too boring. Lee only wanted graphics.

yan12

Reaction score
I am looking forward to the Kami 4 version. I know he ordered 2,3,4 schemes in 7 string.

I don't think he got the GL20th inlay on any of them but I hope the 4th version has the Kanjis...great guitars

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I have zero idea what these would cost, but I’m guessing that this being a true one-off build (since the Kami wasn’t ever a 7 string) put the price north of $10,000. On the one hand, that seems like too much for a guitar. On the other, if I were going to do it, it makes even more sense to collect ‘em all.