Which one would you buy?

• ESP E2 HORIZON NT-7 EVERTUNE

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • LTD MH 1007 EVERTUNE

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Koryv86

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm looking for my first serious guitar and I would like it to be a 7 string. Does anyone have any experience with this beauty? Does it worth the extra money compared to the ltd mh 1007 evertune?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
I would hate to have to concur with the above post.

I own an EII and it is absolutely a high end guitar in fit and finish.

Every LTD I’ve tried in the stores lately have felt and played cheaply with few exceptions. Just my opinion.

Lindmann

SS.org Rectangular
Reaction score
I think it depends on what is the purpose of this guitar.

Do you want a good sounding guitar with awesome playability to play in a band, maybe play some gigs...? Buy the LTD. Remember that the LTD1000s are a whole different tier than the 350 LTDs

Do you want it to look nice on your wall and want to enjoy playing a perfect instrument once in a while, feeling good about owning "the real deal"? Get the ESP. If you're that kind of guy you might always feel that there's something missing if you bought the LTD.

I myself got a LTD MH-1000ET and there's nothing more I could wish for. Plus I don't have to fear bruising it on stage, cus it is not a collectors guitar and didn't cost me a lot.

Last edited:

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
I bruise my nice guitars on stage too. Why would a new esp be a “collectors” item? Its just a good guitar. God didn’t bless it or anything. The ESP will hold its value way more than an LTD as well.

E-ll’s are also good guitars, but at that point, just hold out for the esp. If a company has to put a different name on the headstock as opposed to their company name, it has to tell you what they think about that guitar line. Obviously not enough to even put their companies actual name on it. Again, you get a great bang for your buck with LTD and other sImilar brands. By like it was said above, I guess you gotta ask yourself what your gonna be doing with this guitar and what you want out of it.

Lindmann

SS.org Rectangular
Reaction score
The ESP will hold its value way more than an LTD as well.
...not if you wear it down in stage.
In this case the ESP will loose its value faster than the LTD.

Yeah...but...sure you can take your ESP on stage...hell why not. The "collector's item" thing was a bit overstated by be. Especially when we're talking about an EII...not about a ESP custom or something.

What I really wanted to say is: if you just need a good guitar for live playing...the LTD will do the job as good as the ESP.

Strobe

Reaction score
If you are really particular about feel, go with the ESP. That said, I have not played an LTD that was terrible, they are just not as consistently good as the ESPs. I love my LTD KS-7 with the evertune - it definitely required a bit of work to get it just right though (I am picky). I voted ESP, but you would likely be happy with either.

Koryv86

Reaction score
...not if you wear it down in stage.
In this case the ESP will loose its value faster than the LTD.

Yeah...but...sure you can take your ESP on stage...hell why not. The "collector's item" thing was a bit overstated by be. Especially when we're talking about an EII...not about a ESP custom or something.

What I really wanted to say is: if you just need a good guitar for live playing...the LTD will do the job as good as the ESP.

Is there really a big difference between "old" ESP standard and EII? It was stated that this is the new line of ESP standards so qualitywise I assume it should be the same or really close. Even if the logo on the headstock is different now, 12th fret still says ESP. :)
I don't really care about what the headstock says, I do care more about quality, value and playability.

What I really like about this EII model is the hardware:
- evertune bridge (probably the best fixed bridge on earth - don't need trem equiped guitar)
- locking tuners
- brushed black EMGs

My only fear is probably the neck radius (305 mm). Unfortunately no chance to try them, touch them.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really care about what the headstock says, I do care more about quality, value and playability.
ESP sure cares about the name on the headstock. Enough that they didn’t want it on there(LTD’s).

Iv heard that E-ll’s are just the rebranded standard series, but if you do a google search, you will see that people who have actually bought them say they aren’t to the same level of quality when compared to their standard ESP’s.

As stated before. If you can afford the ESP, get the ESP

hodorcore

Reaction score
specs wise, the full on ESP version doesn't offer more than the LTD version. I'd go for the LTD, the QC might be worse but who cares :)

Mathemagician

Reaction score
A $2k ESP is not “going on the wall”. That’s not a work of art it’s a tool. It’s a fantastic instrument with great fit and finish. An LTD will do any job you want it too. But an ESP is a significant step up in quality. And anyone who worries about dinging a production model guitar is going to worry no matter the price point.

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
my PRS custom 22 is a 2001 model year. It’s lived in two different states and climates, been gigged in a heavy rock band for dozens of shows and band rehearsals, and it has the nicks, dings, belt rash and patina to back it up. It even sat in the case untouched for 4 straight years while I had been incarcerated. Guess what? It still looks and plays great!

I refuse to sell it for sentimental purposes.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
Why is this in question? If you have the dough get yourself the MIJ E-II, if for no other reason than you wont ask yourself if the grass was indeed greener on the other side every time you pick it up.

angl2k

Reaction score
Get the E-II, it's much better in quality and it's up to you if you want to hang it on the wall lol. I'd say get the E-II and play it until your fingers fall off.

The LTD is also nice but it has way different specs than the E-II seven (mahogany vs alder, 350mm vs 305mm radius, set-thru vs neck thru) etc.

Koryv86

Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments. I think I will save up for the ESP.
I'll investigate further if there is really any difference in quality between ESP standards and E-II.
I think I would miss the evertune bridge if I buy an ESP standard used as there isn't any of those with ET bridge as far as I know...1 point for the E-II. :)

Mathemagician

Reaction score
There is ZERO difference in quality between E-II and ESP standards. None. It’s the exact same guitars with a different decal glued on. I think feral edge (? Maybe) or some on here had several FR-7’s early on and confirmed this for the naysayers.

My E-II M1 is identical to my old guitarists M1. Only mine is better because it’s mine. Lol.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
To be fair about the claim of the standard series being better, and it may not be totally representative as ive only owned one esp standard series, the m-II maple I used to own had the worst case of dead plank syndrome I have ever encountered on any guitar. I don't hold it against esp as it was a single example and every guitar manufacturer, no matter how tight the QC has one or two of those slip out, and it probably helps that I made my money back on it, but it was BAD, the overall fit and finish were excellent but it just had the resonance of play dough.