ESP FF BASS

• Thread starter House74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

House74

Perfect Djentleman
Reaction score
So my bass buddy Marshall from Unparalleled Height is at NAMM, and it looks like ESP has entered the FF bass game:

Attachments

• espbassFF.jpg
    espbassFF.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
And 37" on the 5-string!!! Might have to pick one of these up since it's basically impossible to get a Dingwall these days.

chaneisa

Marc Spector
Reaction score
And 37" on the 5-string!!! Might have to pick one of these up since it's basically impossible to get a Dingwall these days.

Not to mention it has a Wenge/Bubinga neck like the Premium/Prestige Ibanez SR's have. Which I'm absolutely in love with. Now my only hope is that these sell well enough for them to stay in production long enough for me to get the money to buy one.

A-Branger

Reaction score
think is pretty cool they are going with Nordstrand pickups. The ones used on the ibanez premiums sound amazing, the "big singles" I think they are called, but they are build for ibanez only,

wondering if these models for LTDs are the same ones but with a different name?

the ones used in the standard SRs in the "PJ" config I didnt like them that much as the ones in the premium basses

LordHar

Reaction score
The ones in the SR PJ's were designed by Carey Nordstrand but with 'budget chinese' materials given to him by Ibanez. That might explain the difference in sound with the real Nordstrands.

chaneisa

Marc Spector
Reaction score
think is pretty cool they are going with Nordstrand pickups. The ones used on the ibanez premiums sound amazing, the "big singles" I think they are called, but they are build for ibanez only,

The Big Singles are available from Nordstrand's website, so in theory, ESP could use them, but these are the Big Splits. It's the same thing but with split coil. I've seen Big Singles used by a lot of boutique builders, so I don't think they're Ibanez exclusive.

TheEmptyCell

Dingwall Player
Reaction score
I hope that's not the street price. I don't know if they're going to compete with the Digwall Combustion series (they've got a bunch of 4 string Combustions and NG2s at NAMM).

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hope that's not the street price. I don't know if they're going to compete with the Digwall Combustion series (they've got a bunch of 4 string Combustions and NG2s at NAMM).

They'll crush the Combustions if ESP/LTD uses thier manufacturing and distribution strength. As of now, getting a Combustion isn't as easy as grabbing pretty much any LTD, and I don't see how this will change for this model.

Even if folks want the Dingwall more, if they can get something fast and easy they'll go for that option 9 times out of 10.

A-Branger

Reaction score
The Big Singles are available from Nordstrand's website, so in theory, ESP could use them, but these are the Big Splits. It's the same thing but with split coil. I've seen Big Singles used by a lot of boutique builders, so I don't think they're Ibanez exclusive.

cool, I though it was an ibanez thing as I didnt saw them at their website ages ago, or didnt look well enough lol

so whats the diffference with these being coil split? I though the idea was that these were "single coil" pickups on a humbucker size cover

shredfreak

Reaction score
cool, I though it was an ibanez thing as I didnt saw them at their website ages ago, or didnt look well enough lol

so whats the diffference with these being coil split? I though the idea was that these were "single coil" pickups on a humbucker size cover

soapbar, not humbucker.

more or less same output as the big single but it can be split aswell for a more classic tone.

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
Damn both basses look sick. I'm very interested in the 5-string. I haven't played my 34" 5-string in A standard in more than a year because I don't like the 145 string I put on it to get a "decent" A. This 34-37" would be a god send if they ever find their way to Europe :D

shredfreak

Reaction score
I'm really liking the RB1006 aswell.

Their newests additions over the years do seem rather amazing at first glance.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
Burbinga wenge neck, 34-37 fan...DEAR LORD.

The only thing to stop me from buying this will be the European price tag. I cant imagine it being under €1500.

shredfreak

Reaction score
RB 1006 is just above 1000€ so i highly doubt the 5 string FF would be +1500$.

Most likely we'll be able to see it around end 2016 or 2017 knowing the european market.

Latest posts