ESP FR-7

scrgls

Reaction score
Ngd, snagged a stupid good deal on an FR-7. I sold all my guitars prior to a big move and restarted my guitar collection with the LTD on the left after having all Ibanez guitars before. Gotta say I rather enjoy these chunky necked beasts and my hands don’t cramp up as much C047D60D-E828-471D-B1F9-AA891754535A.jpeg 777A8FC2-1BDA-45AB-8E12-FA35B0C499C6.jpeg 5DA16047-9E2E-4111-A072-FDEAEF26BFBD.jpeg 6DECE108-4A2F-41EE-8796-C8964287B286.jpeg DBEFE0BE-EFBC-4DB5-AE2D-13DFBF4D5160.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Always wanted one of these. HNGD
Also doggo seems to approve.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Ooh, now that’s pretty.

That second shot really shows off the curve.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Nice dude. I’ve actually been very close to ordering both of those! So it’s nice to see actual shots of them, they are hard to find. The quality of the ltd looks really nice from all the pictures I’ve looked over with a critical eye. I’m probably going to pick up the ltd soon. How about a review?

scrgls

Reaction score
Nice dude. I’ve actually been very close to ordering both of those! So it’s nice to see actual shots of them, they are hard to find. The quality of the ltd looks really nice from all the pictures I’ve looked over with a critical eye. I’m probably going to pick up the ltd soon. How about a review?

Yeah sure! I’ll give spin up a review then, give me a day or two to put it up I’m a little busy with work this weekend but I’ll get it done

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I like Ibanez guitars but yeah some of the 6 string models, particularly the Prestige stuff like the Super Wizard profile, can be too much (or rather, too little). The 7 string models at least have a bit more beef to them and are manageable.
When I bought an MH-1000 LTD Deluxe I instantly fell in love with the neck, just a fantastic shape/profile. Sadly, I'm just not a TOM guy but I'd love to have another guitar with that exact same neck one day.
Congrats, really love that finish and color!

scrgls

Reaction score
Is the migration from ibby necks due to age, or is this the next guitar trend?
Well I’m only 23 so Age isn’t the issue but my hand is more relaxed with a thicker neck is something I’ve come to realize after trying fenders and finding them a joy to play. I still do have an RG7620 at my friend’s house back in my home state that I don’t intend on selling but I can definitely say the ESP necks feel more “at home”. Dont get me wrong I still think Ibanez makes fantastic guitars but the fact that they’re starting to use cheaper woods while still maintaining high prices on non-MIJ models like iron label, axion label and premiums while still having OK-ish QC. I did a lot of research on the other brands and all roads led me to ESP pretty much when it come so to having the best prices while still having the best materials and better part compatibility than Ibanez with all their edge trems (i love lopros but parts are quite a lot due to proprietary hardware.

TL;DR i prefer the feel of ESP necks and after some thinking and researching I jumped the shark

scrgls

Reaction score
Love it! Congrats!
Were the BlackWinters in the guitar when you purchased it?
Nah, it was actually a used guitar I got on reverb with the black winters installed already (Dietze music, the store I ordered from were kind enough to also send me the stock EMGs theg came with)

Adieu

Reaction score
That's actually NOT the guitar's name, just FYI

It's an E-II Horizon... FR-7 are the two options: Floyd Rose locking tremolo, 7 string version

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
tenor.gif

;>)/

a curry

Reaction score
I've been thinking about over of these. Looks great. How is the build quality? Is it better than a prestige?