ESP mockup fun: 2 HBs, 1HB, or HS?

• Thread starter narad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
271801764_929476181097669_2338528744941581930_n.png

Sometimes you have to do it yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
How did you make these mock ups? I very much like single set ups.

Btw as the resident idiot, what's difference between hb and hs and pick ups?

that's a dean looking headstonk
HB is a single humbucker. HS means humbucker in bridge, Single coil in neck, HSS means humbucker single single, and HH means two humbuckers.

Zhysick

Reaction score
single bridge bucker... what are you going to play? Jazz? Blues? C'mon... be metal my brother!!

Ok, I'm stopping the "Manowar-esque" stupid thing...

But single humbucker in the bridge is my favorite pickup config then HS. HB-P90 even better...

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Reverse slant HS like Roope Latvala with the fretboard extended and slanted on the bass side

The first time that I ever saw Bodom live, I had watched the Lamb of God Killadelphia dvd so many times for months leading up to the actual concert. Willie Adler gave him the nickname "Dorito"...

Fast forward to April 10th, 2009 and Bodom opened for Lamb of God. I was in front row and as soon as Bodom stormed into the stage, I was right in front of Roope. I subconsciously remembered his nickname and I yelled out DORITOOOOOOOOOO! With the metal horns - he immediately looked down at me yelling that, he laughed and played the rest of the show :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yea, really love the single hum + angled neck with this one, but I think the guy's going to look at me like I'm crazy. I'll ask though :D

I don't think you want to get rid of the pickup ring with a crackle, since the crackles kind of pool and outline the pickup. I'm not sure why or how to avoid it, but it would suck if it happened after all that refinish money.