ESP NAMM 2014 Thread

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Trashgreen

Reaction score
The binding has paint of the neck. It isn't finished with precision. Small but unforgivable in a 3500 $ guitar

I would need a waaay better picture with the right close-up to agree with that conclusion...

I do see light reflections in that corner, like the light reflections on the right horn....

That little dark spot at the center of the blue circle could just be dust you know...

Show me a better close-up picture and I will gladly agree with you if that´s the case.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Such nitpicking. Lighten up dudes, you know that the guitars released to the public will have no flaws. Often NAMM prototypes are rush jobs to get it in time for the show.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
They treated the TE 407 the same they did the EX 7 string.

Let's give it a 25.5" scale, but only 22 frets.

c'mon son.

Zado

Reaction score
Such nitpicking. Lighten up dudes, you know that the guitars released to the public will have no flaws. Often NAMM prototypes are rush jobs to get it in time for the show.
Sure,like I said it's nothing major,but afaik some of those instruments got sold during the show,and I guess one would not be pleased to see something like that on such a pricey guitar...It happened to a guy here purchasing a namm E-II too,if i remember correctly:scratch:

Also,to me at least,exposing at namm means "you,visitors,now take a look at what I can do with wood"...It's not supposed to be somehow disappointing right?

That's just my speculation anyway:agreed:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sure,like I said it's nothing major,but afaik some of those instruments got sold during the show,and I guess one would not be pleased to see something like that on such a pricey guitar...It happened to a guy here purchasing a namm E-II too,if i remember correctly:scratch:

I dont think it was necessarily a flaw, its hard to tell from that one angle. But secondly, if someone bought it at the show, then its their responsibility to look it over first before committing to it.

Herzog_Frost

Reaction score
7-string Tele looks good, but makes me upset cause of 25,5 scale :spock: That's why I prefer STC-607b and it looks much better.

It's interesting to compare LTD Tele 406 to Fender Jim Root Telecaster :cool:

"Drophead" ("carrot-head") Horizons are awesome! Want one!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
ESP surprised me with a couple Original Series and E-IIs today. I guess they've started shipping. We sold this FRX Liquid Silver Metal one already, but I'll post a pic of it anyways if anyone is curious what these really look like. The finish looks textured but its actually really smooth:

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm starting to notice how it looks like a hyrbid between an H-III and a Forest.

And I like it.

I like it too, but people are entitled to their opinion :) It definitely doesnt feel cheap when we held it in our hands. Really excellent finish work and was very loud unplugged.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Liquid Metal Silver looks awesome, but I wish they brought over Liquid Metal Pink/Blue to the US:

frx_lqmpink.jpg

frx_lqmblue.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Well they are ~$3500 USD equivalent in Japan (under the Original Series run), and those EIIs look practically the same. Thank god they're all in Tokyo far away from me or I'd probably have bought one already, before this NAMM announcement! BTW, if anyone's interested in a blue on I think there is one for sale around here mid $2k range...

bouVIP

Reaction score
I think that silver FRX looks amazing!!! Definitely on my to-buy list

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Nick, how is the quality on the E-IIs and Original Series guitars? Also will you be getting any of the USA models ?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nick, how is the quality on the E-IIs and Original Series guitars? Also will you be getting any of the USA models ?

The quality is outstanding on both. The Original Series stuff is ridiculously nice, but the E2s have been perfect so far too. As for the USAs, I hope so but that's still being worked out.