ESP NAMM 2019 thread

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I guess it's a virtual model from their guitar builder in their site. Wish theh made a real life pic cause it really looks like the coolest of the bunch

Yeah, that is a forearm contour there isn't it? What body carve is that?
This was pulled from their 2019 page on the main site...just FYI.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I'm trying, I really am. But it's just not happening. My brain is like, look at that nice M for the headstock/neck and look at that cool Viper, but never the two shall meet.

Dude, why? I kindly asked never to post that thing again and you go and offend my delicate Viper emotions. It’s a hideous abomination and it should have been aborted. But now we are stuck with it, so we are going to lock it in a room in the attic and never speak of it again!

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
really hoping for an 8 string with floyd unveil. i dont even care what it looks like. well... mostly.

Yeah, I would love to see this. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened since I think Carpenter has been using a Floyd 8 on his more recent builds. The Floyd 8 is a pretty nice piece, but the radius of the nut and bridge are a bit bizarre (18 and 20mm, respectively), which maybe has made it hard to adopt.

MickD7

Reaction score
And the ESP JR-don'tknowESPnamingconventions, right?
s-22_Javier-Reyes_Fot.-ESP-770x470.jpg

I would have been all over this if they had released it, I still get the impression that it hasn’t clicked with whoever is in charge of ESPs artists endorsements with how skilled a player Javier is. I’d be Backing him up for a new model by now considering its been what 2-3 years since he joined and now he’s touring Mestis and providing a bit more of a profile for himself.

* In before anyone bashes AAL for the “gear jumping” whilst wearing their kiss branded undies,kiss socks, kiss hat, kiss watch with their kiss pacemaker and kiss shirt and jeans on. *

I will say this though, why did we get another George Lynch model? Surely it’s only so he can climb out of his tanning booth for NAMM? I never seen him actively engaged in the conversation with the likes of G3/Generation Axe thing. Maybe he’s just not well followed in Australia?

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
I will say this though, why did we get another George Lynch model? Surely it’s only so he can climb out of his tanning booth for NAMM? I never seen him actively engaged in the conversation with the likes of G3/Generation Axe thing. Maybe he’s just not well followed in Australia?

Honestly, I have never heard anything else related to George Lynch apart from his signature guitars. Not a single song or anything. Ever since I started giving shit about guitars back in 2006 those fucking tiger stripe super strats have been haunting me and I've been hoping they would just go away. :ugh:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would have been all over this if they had released it, I still get the impression that it hasn’t clicked with whoever is in charge of ESPs artists endorsements with how skilled a player Javier is. I’d be Backing him up for a new model by now considering its been what 2-3 years since he joined and now he’s touring Mestis and providing a bit more of a profile for himself.

* In before anyone bashes AAL for the “gear jumping” whilst wearing their kiss branded undies,kiss socks, kiss hat, kiss watch with their kiss pacemaker and kiss shirt and jeans on. *

Lynch is part of the club where they have a well monied following that will drop stupid money for every slight variation of ESP CS they come out with. That's driven a market for the LTD variants as well.

ESP would be stupid not to feed that money machine.

I play music

Reaction score
Honestly, I have never heard anything else related to George Lynch apart from his signature guitars. Not a single song or anything. Ever since I started giving shit about guitars back in 2006 those fucking tiger stripe super strats have been haunting me and I've been hoping they would just go away. :ugh:
I also have no idea who that guy is, only have seen his signature guitars...which have never inspired me to look up the artist :lol:

Womb raider

Drink from the goblet, the goblet of gore
Reaction score
Lynch in many circles is considered up there with the likes of Rhoads and EVH. His guitar designs can come off as a bit tacky, but it is undeniably iconic. He's got a cult following just like Hammet and Hetfield so the market is definitely there.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
As good of a musician as Javier Reyes is, there's no way he's well-known enough to move a lot of signature guitars. I've never even seen an NGD here for his existing LTD sig. It's a shame, he's one of the few guys out there doing something different than tappytap prog and random-note djornts on an 8 string (yours truly included, lol).

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
As good of a musician as Javier Reyes is, there's no way he's well-known enough to move a lot of signature guitars. I've never even seen an NGD here for his existing LTD sig. It's a shame, he's one of the few guys out there doing something different than tappytap prog and random-note djornts on an 8 string (yours truly included, lol).

Lol honestly it sucks. I think it comes down to when people talk about AAL, they always focus on " Oh yeah Tosin Abasi is a sick player". Javier is very talented and is constantly living in Tosin's shadow

MickD7

Reaction score
Javier was an absolute dude when I met him this year, his Masterclass with Plini was excellent. I said multiple times to the powers that be and companies I communicated with when I worked in music stores

1. Ibanez needed a female sig artist and model, god damn I was stoked that Nita got it.
2. Javier needs far better rep as guitarist his skills are a match for Tosin and he isn’t just a sideline player and ESP should be stoked to have that kind of player on their roster.

As for Lynch, hey fair enough. All I know of the guy besides his guitars was an old work colleague would harp on about him and he himself played guitar and owned a few of Lynch’s sig models but he never really backed up the discussion with a personal list of songs to check out. Which always struck me as weird.

Either way I guess he moves guitars. But man it still would be awesome to see that JR 8 strat

Latest posts