Dreams come true! @Crash Dandicoot

https://espguitars.co.jp/productinfo/16185/

BODY Alder (Thickness 45mm)
NECK Hard Maple (CT System Head)
GRIP SHAPE Slim U
FINGERBOARD Honduras Rosewood
RADIUS 305R
SCALE 648mm
NUT Unbleached Bone (46mm) <-- This is the most important spec.
FRET JESCAR FW55090-NS, 22frets
INLAY (Top)MOP Dot, (Side)Luminlay SGM-23
JOINT Bolt-on (T-5 Ultimate Access)
TUNER GOTOH SG360-07 MG-T
BRIDGE ESP FLICKER-III-7 w/Tremolo Tone Spring Type2 x5
PICKUPS (Neck) Seymour Duncan SSL-5-7, (Middle) Seymour Duncan SSL-5-7, (Bridge) Seymour Duncan SH-14-7
PARTS COLOR Chrome
CONTROLS Master Volume, Master Tone (CAP. Select SW), 5-Way Lever PU Selector, Mix Variation Switch
SET STRING .010-.056 (Elixir®)
別売 Hard Case (HC-250SN)

SNAPPER-7-ALR_BK-1024x375.png

SNAPPER-7-ALR_VCAR-1024x375.png

SNAPPER-7-ALR_CG-1024x375.png

SNAPPER-7-ALR_SPB-1024x375.png

SNAPPER-7-ALR_BRBK-1024x375.png

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
Dang these are cool! Glad to see more 7 string strats, the world needs more.

The only thing I can't shake is the fact that they look sort of like the knock off strats you'd see in shops to me :lol: I bet they play great though

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Dreams DO come true! I love my Ohmura-7 and Snapper-CTM, getting the Flicker-III-7 and a T-5 neck joint with a 46mm nut would be dynamite. I hope they do maple-boarded versions - can't say I dig the non-matching headstock with rosewood boards.

Here's hoping they start floating through the Japanese auctions sites in a bit - If I can catch a couple of these used in a few years I'd be pretty satisfied.

Why is unbleached bone the most important spec. Never played a bone nut personally, but does it really make that much of a difference?

The 46mm nut is the important factor, not material.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
These are very nice. I really love that supreme blue, it reminds me of that “Tidepool Blue” you see on Fenders.

mbardu

Reaction score
Why can't they give those guitars stainless steel frets?
Suhr can do it on their basic Standards under 3k, and no-one screams that their "strats" are any worse.
Such a shame, the last one would be nice.

Musiscience

Reaction score
Why can't they give those guitars stainless steel frets?
Suhr can do it on their basic Standards under 3k, and no-one screams that their "strats" are any worse.
Such a shame, the last one would be nice.

I know almost nothing about the ESP CS, but heard often that it's a somewhat expensive retool and that some Japanese companies are very conservative about the way they do things.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
I know almost nothing about the ESP CS, but heard often that it's a somewhat expensive retool and that some Japanese companies are very conservative about the way they do things.

My ESP Horizon has stainless frets. They can do it, but there's probably no added benefit to them adding SS frets. NS frets work perfectly fine.

I would imagine most consumers don't need (or necessarily want) them, and a majority of guitars sell & work fine without them. Seems a non issue to me.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
My ESP Horizon has stainless frets. They can do it, but there's probably no added benefit to them adding SS frets. NS frets work perfectly fine.

I would imagine most consumers don't need (or necessarily want) them, and a majority of guitars sell & work fine without them. Seems a non issue to me.

Ehh idk, for a superstrat at this price range these days i think stainless is pretty much expected. Stainless is better.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Ehh idk, for a superstrat at this price range these days i think stainless is pretty much expected. Stainless is better.

Then the market should be showing as such. But, it’s not. There seems to be no indication that ESPs sales are being affected, otherwise they wouldn’t price it as such. In fact, just the opposite, ESP prices have gone up. So, they must believe the market can bare that price with those specs.

I’m not saying this about you, so don’t take it as such. But, I think many folks believe the sentiment shared on a guitar enthusiast forum is indicative of wider market demand/appeal. So for SSO? Sure, maybe stainless is expected. For the rest of the world? Again,
the market/demand isn’t showing that.

Anecdotally, I have 20 year old guitars that play just as fine as my Horizon with stainless frets. Factually, if ESPs A-list level of artists can handle nickel steel frets, I’m sure your average, non-famous, home guitarist can too. So, I’m not sure what is necessarily better about stainless.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Anecdotally, I have 20 year old guitars that play just as fine as my Horizon with stainless frets. Factually, if ESPs A-list level of artists can handle nickel steel frets, I’m sure your average, non-famous, home guitarist can too. So, I’m not sure what is necessarily better about stainless.

Not refretting them...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not refretting them...

Realistically, that's probably <10% of guitarists who are above "hobbyist" level. Refrets are really seldom performed as is, and those done out of necessity of the frets being worn down is even more rare, and even in those cases, you're talking about once in a lifetime in most cases.

To put it in perspective, I think I've only performed two full fret jobs on three guitars my entire career, and never a third.

I have guitars with stainless steel frets, and if the option is available for a reasonable amount, I'll take it. But I'd never let it keep me away from something cool.