ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jco5055

Reaction score
Speaking of USA models, am I wrong for thinking it seems like ESP may be purposefully differing the specs between USA and Japan models so that they kind of coexist together at the high end? Considering the prices aren't that different really, it's not like (and I think ESP themselves would agree) USA isn't supposed to sit between Japan and E-II quality wise.

Was just thinking this seeing how every USA model has SS frets, most are 43mm nut widths and the like while Japan production models are NS and 42mm mostly.

Trashgreen

Reaction score
Is the liquid finish textured or just visual illusion?
The liquid metal finish has gloss like you can spot the refection on this one:

original.png

original.png

The Cast Metal finish has texture like you can see here:

unvredfo31aqwvjmltah.jpg

pgko5rbp6astdtxh02i5.jpg

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Last edited:

marke

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
AVvXsEg4qXWGKOZYTrPBzOB_rj6Y4_r0LlHGYd7w8U5loZu2vGt5CQFE9blzIr2sffOoQMOnwZKItaraTPLGKBBfsoU8WdqhwJ77MwwSI8gEj8-Iuow-sYJTqgFaCgFHkUCSfpNNpirXgx6zlgcr7GZV_59ipQqeqi4HO0_F4VUq4SvwS7A80Mj9XLIwYALirQ=s3005

M-II CTM, Takada serial. Got it yesterday and it's my 12th ESP if you count LTDs as well (everything sold - this is now my only 6 string). Had 8 LTD, 2 ESP, 1 E-II before this, and played a bunch of others. Safe to say I have some experience with ESP, but of course not in the hundreds like some here. The thing is, I still feel even the lowest LTD is so great that diminishing returns happen fast. Perhaps I would not buy a locking trem of lower quality than FR1000, but other than that, LTDs are probably my future guitars especially when they constantly release such awesome models.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
AVvXsEg4qXWGKOZYTrPBzOB_rj6Y4_r0LlHGYd7w8U5loZu2vGt5CQFE9blzIr2sffOoQMOnwZKItaraTPLGKBBfsoU8WdqhwJ77MwwSI8gEj8-Iuow-sYJTqgFaCgFHkUCSfpNNpirXgx6zlgcr7GZV_59ipQqeqi4HO0_F4VUq4SvwS7A80Mj9XLIwYALirQ=s3005

M-II CTM, Takada serial. Got it yesterday and it's my 12th ESP if you count LTDs as well (everything sold - this is now my only 6 string). Had 8 LTD, 2 ESP, 1 E-II before this, and played a bunch of others. Safe to say I have some experience with ESP, but of course not in the hundreds like some here. The thing is, I still feel even the lowest LTD is so great that diminishing returns happen fast. Perhaps I would not buy a locking trem of lower quality than FR1000, but other than that, LTDs are probably my future guitars especially when they constantly release such awesome models.
Thats cool, what color is it?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
The liquid metal finish has gloss like you can spot the refection on this one:

original.png

original.png

The Cast Metal finish has texture like you can see here:

unvredfo31aqwvjmltah.jpg

pgko5rbp6astdtxh02i5.jpg

I've never seen that cast metal transition to a satin neck. That's extremely badass.

decoy205

Reaction score
I honestly do not know. Pikachu? Mustard yellow? :D It was a Takada serial with a fair price, so I snagged it without caring too much.

damn I love it! I have gas for something like this. I wouldn’t change a thing on that.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Picked this up toward the end of last year to finally scratch that teenage-metalcore-fan itch that I had from about 2003 - 2006. It's a 2012 model, so must have been right toward the end of the Standard Series if I've got my dates right...

View attachment 102444View attachment 102446View attachment 102447
Absolute beauty. In 2012, ESP went fantastically nuts with the options. IIRC, the flame top models mostly went to the EU and were alder body.
I could be wrong about that, the Floyd HIIs were alder in the US, but I was trying to stalk some of the flame tops at the time, but very hard to come by in the states.

yan12

Reaction score
Speaking of USA models, am I wrong for thinking it seems like ESP may be purposefully differing the specs between USA and Japan models so that they kind of coexist together at the high end? Considering the prices aren't that different really, it's not like (and I think ESP themselves would agree) USA isn't supposed to sit between Japan and E-II quality wise.

Was just thinking this seeing how every USA model has SS frets, most are 43mm nut widths and the like while Japan production models are NS and 42mm mostly.

IMHO, having owned all of the levels and very old original ESP, I do think there is a difference between EII and USA.

ESP Japan custom > ESP USA > EII.

But the cost of ESP Japan custom is really only warranted for those that want a 1 of a kind fiddle.

Either USA or EII should offer something for almost everyone. I have come to love SS frets so I lean USA...but since I also only play big necks these days, I have had to pass on many cool guitars in the last few years. :(

marke

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
IMHO, having owned all of the levels and very old original ESP, I do think there is a difference between EII and USA.

ESP Japan custom > ESP USA > EII.

But the cost of ESP Japan custom is really only warranted for those that want a 1 of a kind fiddle.

Either USA or EII should offer something for almost everyone. I have come to love SS frets so I lean USA..

In EU many Original Series models can be had cheaper than USA, at least normal Eclipses and bolt on M2s. So I'd prefer those not only for the price, but it also kinda bugs me USA models have the "USA" letters after the model name. Stainless Steel frets are great, but nickel steel is not a deal breaker for me anymore. I sound nitpicky about the model names, but with the prices ESP has in EU nowadays, I think I have the permission to be picky :D Great guitars, but not several K great - nothing is, to be honest.

Latest posts