ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but what happened to ESP USA? It used to be semi-custom and you could spec out a guitar and order it through a dealer. Now the configurator seems to be completely gone, along with all mention of "custom".

Nashville Riff Co

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but what happened to ESP USA? It used to be semi-custom and you could spec out a guitar and order it through a dealer. Now the configurator seems to be completely gone, along with all mention of "custom".

Last I heard, all ESP custom orders are now going through Japan as masterbuilt.

At least that’s what happened when I submitted an order for an Eclipse and was quoted $11k :frantic:

madrigal77

Reaction score
I need a white one... ugh. Why must they be so cool (and so expensive)?
I got mine used in the ESP custom shop in Osaka for $2k CAD in 2016. Honestly there's nothing that special about them. They are about standard series/E2 quality, despite the "Custom" logo. It's actually one of my guitars I play the least. I'll never sell it though because it was my dream guitar growing up :rofl:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Custom orders are closed for now. They didn't say they wouldn't be available again at some point, but for the time being it's all dealer runs and in-stocks as space slowly frees up.

They were running with a 16 to 20 month back log unless you grabbed an existing dealer spot, and quality was starting to suffer, so they pulled the regular customs.