Evertune Bass Bridge

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

keithhagel

Reaction score
I'm hyped for this for the same reason I got an Evertune equipped 7 string (LTD MH 1007). I just have a hell of a time keeping the low B in tune on 5 string basses as well as 7 string guitars. I don't know if it's the way I play or what, but it's always a pain. If this isn't too invasive I'm absolutely gonna throw one on my Jackson Ellefson.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Had a thought yesterday . Wonder if this new bridge will allow a 4 string to be tuned BEAD with those string gauges , if not bigger . I can play a 6 string easily , but sometimes if you're chugging on the lowest 2 strings for a simple riff , a slim 4 string neck makes it more enjoyable . A future bass project of mine would have what I mentioned above and I feel as if an evertune bridge would be beneficial for that purpose . Curious to see what the holes are drilled out to for the both the 4 and 5 string evertune bridges .
Indeed. Definitely looks compatible with a larger drill bit at least, from what I can see.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I'm hyped for this for the same reason I got an Evertune equipped 7 string (LTD MH 1007). I just have a hell of a time keeping the low B in tune on 5 string basses as well as 7 string guitars. I don't know if it's the way I play or what, but it's always a pain. If this isn't too invasive I'm absolutely gonna throw one on my Jackson Ellefson.
Stock Bs are very, very loose. Give the D'addario XLB145T a go paired with a 100-45 set (or better, the 107 balanced tension set).
A bit darker yes, but reasonable. Definitely appealing to try a hard set Evertune to keep the brightness and clang of a 130-135 without the pitch drift.

keithhagel

Reaction score
Stock Bs are very, very loose. Give the D'addario XLB145T a go paired with a 100-45 set (or better, the 107 balanced tension set).
A bit darker yes, but reasonable. Definitely appealing to try a hard set Evertune to keep the brightness and clang of a 130-135 without the pitch drift.
Hm. I guess I've generally used the 130's that have come in sets. I'll give that a shot, see if it helps. 👍

KR250

Build addict
Reaction score
I've been waiting YEEEEEAAAAARRRRRSSSS for this to finally come out. I don't see option to order yet, but going to order one as soon as available. Had planned this for a personal bass build, but ended up buying headless hardware since it had already been so long.

olejason

Reaction score
I've seen this take a few times, and I'm a bit confused by it.

-Shifting tuning issues with touring, weather changes etc - exist on both instruments
-Pitch warble from attack - exists on both instruments and is arguably more of an issue on bass in terms of solid low end production in studio (Andy Sneap for example will run autotune on the bass track to keep it almost synthlike).
-Guitar typically involves more nuanced playing with bends and such that (depending how hard you want to set it) can be affected on an Evertune. Arguably there are less downsides with bass in that case, so, if you were going to pick just one instrument that it makes more sense on forever reason, it really seems to be bass, to me. The only argument I can see for it making more sense on guitar (again, if you had to pick just one, which I don't think is necessary) would be that an individual may only notice tuning issues when playing chords

I guess I can only speak for myself but none of those things have even remotely been an issue for me on any bass I've owned. Basses, in general, don't really have the same types of tuning issues that you sometimes get on guitar... for many reasons. The pitch warble (which a lot of people specifically want) solution is really the only point that makes sense in the context of bass IMO. I might be missing something with all of this though, I've always used appropriate string gauges for really low tunings.

On bass I'd be more interesting in hearing how the mass of the bridge affects the sustain and low mid response of the instrument. I also wonder if it would have an affect on dead spots. The way those things are affected have the potential to appeal to a lot of bassists outside of the low tuning crowd.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If tone and response weren't sacrificed for stability, I could see it being useful for drop G and lower tunings. Moreso with a multiscale bass because I personally wouldn't bother with drop A on a bass scale length less than 35". I don't mind some flopiness but there's a point where it sounds like ass.

I would agree to a point that on bass (in my experience) tuning stability generally isn't an issue unless I'm beating the living piss out out of it or if there's a nut or bridge saddle issue. Sometimes with drop E/F# but if I'm getting too zesty with my picking hand.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would agree to a point that on bass (in my experience) tuning stability generally isn't an issue unless I'm beating the living piss out out of it or if there's a nut or bridge saddle issue. Sometimes with drop E/F# but if I'm getting too zesty with my picking hand.
When I had my NG3 tuned F# to G I could see it being some benefit for touring artists , but I never had any issues at home even with humidity changes . Too bad both of those basses were duds .

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You had NG3's that were duds? Damn lol
First one after a year wait had small sanding issues on the neck and some minor chips / scratches in the finish . Contacted them and was told the entire shipment had QC issues from China . Had the option of 15% off or wait for a new one . Waited another year and got one that was fine but I noticed the pickguard was installed slightly lopsided . There was about a eighth of an inch gap that tapered down to about a 32nd of an inch to the pickups where it should be . Shouldn't have to drill into a 3k bass . I traded that one for a MIM 70's Vintera Jazz Fender and a load of cash , and the build quality on it is better than the Dingwall for literally about half the price . I've contemplated making a thread about the entire story , but I don't want to be that guy who is sounding the 7th trumpet for no reason . Things happen , it was during covid , I get it . They were nice too . But I'd only ever consider the actual made in Canada ones from now on if I ever wanted one again . I guess they weren't duds but for how they make QC in Canada a big deal , it was no different than a mediocre oversea quality .

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Instagram stalking has produced the following info:

View attachment 124015

Wow, so it really is essentially a top mount. And a total redesign with downward moving springs instead of just saddles.

Makes me wonder if body thickness will still be an issue due to space needed for the floating motion. And I'm also thinking individual flat springs per saddle will be implemented here. Would also reduce or eliminate noise, which is an issue I have with my ET 080 that annoys me.

torchlord

Reaction score
Wow, so it really is essentially a top mount. And a total redesign with downward moving springs instead of just saddles.

Makes me wonder if body thickness will still be an issue due to space needed for the floating motion. And I'm also thinking individual flat springs per saddle will be implemented here. Would also reduce or eliminate noise, which is an issue I have with my ET 080 that annoys me.
I'll bet they are using smaller compression springs instead of the larger and longer guitar type springs. Compression springs are what Trick uses in their drum pedals.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
First one after a year wait had small sanding issues on the neck and some minor chips / scratches in the finish . Contacted them and was told the entire shipment had QC issues from China . Had the option of 15% off or wait for a new one . Waited another year and got one that was fine but I noticed the pickguard was installed slightly lopsided . There was about a eighth of an inch gap that tapered down to about a 32nd of an inch to the pickups where it should be . Shouldn't have to drill into a 3k bass . I traded that one for a MIM 70's Vintera Jazz Fender and a load of cash , and the build quality on it is better than the Dingwall for literally about half the price . I've contemplated making a thread about the entire story , but I don't want to be that guy who is sounding the 7th trumpet for no reason . Things happen , it was during covid , I get it . They were nice too . But I'd only ever consider the actual made in Canada ones from now on if I ever wanted one again . I guess they weren't duds but for how they make QC in Canada a big deal , it was no different than a mediocre oversea quality .
I've had a good string of luck apparently. I have 4 of their imported basses and they're all great aside from any issues from previous owners had caused. I purchased all of mine second hand and got great deals, but I understand where you're coming from... They're not cheap and touting that they go through the custom shop should mean something.

@JimF that's interesting news!

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting!
So basically they've gone from this:

evertune__web_products__saddle_modules_chrome.jpg

To this:

Untitled.jpg

ixlramp

Reaction score
At 9 seconds in the video (posted in the first post of this thread), under the bridge, just visible, is what looks like a short horizontal spring with large diameter coil wire.
I suspect the mechanism will be partially different to the guitar version. I am beginning to make low-confidence guesses of the mechanism.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I actually always thought the Evertune made more sense for bassists anyways, cool.

Latest posts