EVH 5150 III EL34 50w = HELL YES!

Guitarjon

Reaction score
I got my EVH a while ago but I've been so busy that I haven't had time yet to do some proper 80s hair metal with it, because it's fun! ;)
Tried it out for a new song idea and it was as if the stars aligned!

There is just something really special about this amp.
Big but focused bottom end with a nice thick midrange and open but not harsh high frequencies.
I love how you can tweak everything with the Presence and Resonance controls too.

My setup is pretty cool at the moment since I'm running my tube amps in the loop of my Axe Fx III which I use for pre & post effects as well as impulse response loading.
So the amp is going into a Fractal loadbox and back into the Axe Fx III with speaker simulation.
This is personally for me the best of both worlds as far as the setup goes.
Analog amp sounds but with the flexibility of a digital modeling rig.

Anyway, back to the amp:
Really dig this beast and I would highly recommend this to anyone who's looking for a great rock or metal amp with enough saturation and a tight bottom end.
The only negative I can think of now is that it's a noisy amp.

Listen how it sounds here:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I kind of miss mine, but the AX8 version of the blue channel gets me close enough. I did prefer it to the 6L6 I had. I actually quite liked the blue channel boosted, that’s what I used the most. To me the EL34 version was more aggressive, which I quite enjoyed.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
6534+ is an amp i need at some point. The predecessor I guess?

bluffalo

Reaction score
I got my EVH a while ago but I've been so busy that I haven't had time yet to do some proper 80s hair metal with it, because it's fun! ;)
Tried it out for a new song idea and it was as if the stars aligned!

There is just something really special about this amp.
Big but focused bottom end with a nice thick midrange and open but not harsh high frequencies.
I love how you can tweak everything with the Presence and Resonance controls too.

My setup is pretty cool at the moment since I'm running my tube amps in the loop of my Axe Fx III which I use for pre & post effects as well as impulse response loading.
So the amp is going into a Fractal loadbox and back into the Axe Fx III with speaker simulation.
This is personally for me the best of both worlds as far as the setup goes.
Analog amp sounds but with the flexibility of a digital modeling rig.

Anyway, back to the amp:
Really dig this beast and I would highly recommend this to anyone who's looking for a great rock or metal amp with enough saturation and a tight bottom end.
The only negative I can think of now is that it's a noisy amp.

Listen how it sounds here:

That was quite a tremendous amount of yes

Latest posts