EVH Amp vs Axe Fx, QC and Tone Master Pro

• Thread starter Guitarjon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    evh
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
And the red channels are VERY similar across 50w versions, and to an extent 100w versions (the stealth 50 has a smidge more clarity than other 50s ime). The 50w blue channels are very noticeably different in tonality. The 50w green channels are kinda similar in tonality but have very different amounts of gain--not sure how that translates across 100w versions.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
DougB iirc. Ugh
Yeeep that's him

And the red channels are VERY similar across 50w versions, and to an extent 100w versions (the stealth 50 has a smidge more clarity than other 50s ime). The 50w blue channels are very noticeably different in tonality. The 50w green channels are kinda similar in tonality but have very different amounts of gain--not sure how that translates across 100w versions.
The Stealth 100 green seems to have the most gain and least headroom on tap, while the EL34 100 green seems to have the least gain on tap. I also find it interesting the Stealth 50 seems to have the "standard" cleaner Green channel of the EL34/6L6. It doesn't have as much gain on tap as it's big brother.

But yeah wasn't the whole deal about the Stealth was the modded Blue channel? Makes sense that channel sounds the most different.

Last edited:

Shask

Reaction score
Yep, Boss GX700 lol. And Devin townsend used a Roland GP100 for the longest time as his secret weapon.

It took me a minute but I remember who that guy is lol. Would literally re-read Fractal patch notes on video and post them in said patch threads on the Fractal forum. Someone else pointed that out and it was like "OH YEAH that guy :lol:"

I had a GX-700 years ago. Sometimes I think I would like to re-visit it, lol.

Those were cool because the drive models were actually analog. The COSM amp models were early versions, but the drives were all analog.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had a GX-700 years ago. Sometimes I think I would like to re-visit it, lol.

Those were cool because the drive models were actually analog. The COSM amp models were early versions, but the drives were all analog.
I have a GT-5 which I believe is the same thing but in a floor modeler. The 5150 model is actually not bad through a modern IR pedal.