Experience is key

• Thread starter Gabriel 1313
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel 1313

A minor slip
Reaction score
So, I went down to Bozeman MT, about 180 miles from here, to find out the truth for myself about Plug-ins. As I passed the Gibson Guitar Factory, I entererd Music Villa, our best music store. A friend of mine works there so he hooked me up with a Music Man Axe, then onto the Messa Boogie amp and Cabinet. I grought a Boss G1 with my presets. then we went to this section for the pluggins. I used several, great Plug-ins, a little dream theatre, megadeath, Vai, ect.
The end result for myself was, Damn, these are good!!!!! Then I went back to the amp. There is a huge difference to me. I sound pretty fking good through the live set-up, but damn, I sound incrediable thru the plug-ins.
End of story for me. Plug-ins are awesome. but in my experience, they are going to come in handy for and if and when I actually do record, but I will not have them for any live performance, or when I practice.

I had to find out why I was stressing over this. It is two different beasts. Personal preference. But at least I can Tame the Cat from hissing via the noise gate.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
73f0aq.jpg

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
kids these days don't know those muse (musician) men were speaking about these subjects a long time ago since for long. Please read:

I rest my case :agreed::agreed::agreed:

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm very Glade you have brought up muh Plugins. I never thought I'd ever be in such a unique situation where I'd ever have to share this but there is a very seldom known industry-secret-standard plugin tool all teh big studio dawgs use. Guranteed a hunnid 'cent.

I see you're out here putting your best foot forward and trying to improve with your bookshelf full of knawledge. Here you go big dog, you've come this far as experience has shown you that you are ready for the next step.

iu

Glade Plugins are simply the best. The most professional studios use them. You ever wonder why you walk into a big name studio and it's always pristene and clean in there?

That's because this plugin inhales the excess of all the ripped ass in your dirty bong dungeon bedroom apartment that you call a studio which is just a shitty laptop and a busted ass chair from trash pickup day with a towel laid over it but then you wonder why your spine is on it's 3rd hernia and counting.

The reason that professionals use Glade Plugins is because they know if their studio smells like fart then it will render all the other plugins they already used in their mix basically useless since exposing your music to air that is more foul than beach ball day in the swimming pool down at the retirement home for senior citizens skews the natural squiggle of music in the air you exposed it to.

It's the same idea behind mixing on bad monitors in an untreated room since those are basically considered your ears. A bad mixing environment is just you trying to cook without eyesight or tastebuds while ripping ass and being able to smell it so much harder because you can't see shit or fuck so your senses are hightened.

When you finally do fork your liver out for a pair of decent monitors and then treat your room with better acoustics. Problem with soundproofing your room until you can hear your thoughts derping themselves from the distance then you will be left with a new issue which you didn't notice before because you were making music in an untreated room which sucked the aftermath of your Colon Bowlin' sessions.

Which mean your sulfur spuds are going to to be trapped in a jail cell full of diffusers, reflectors and bass traps with nowhere else to go but to eventually be entirely inhaled over days as they ruin your music. But a Glade Plugin is setting the stage and removing the noise floor out chyea!

Last edited:

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I'm very Glade you have brought up muh Plugins. I never thought I'd ever be in such a unique situation where I'd ever have to share this but there is a very seldom known industry-secret-standard plugin tool all teh big studio dawgs use. Guranteed a hunnid 'cent.

I see you're out here putting your best foot forward and trying to improve with your bookshelf full of knawledge. Here you go big dog, you've come this far as experience has shown you that you are ready for the next step.

iu

Glade Plugins are simply the best. The most professional studios use them. You ever wonder why you walk into a big name studio and it's always pristene and clean in there?

That's because this plugin inhales the excess of all the ripped ass in your dirty bong dungeon bedroom apartment that you call a studio which is just a shitty laptop and a busted ass chair from trash pickup day with a towel laid over it but then you wonder why your spine is on it's 3rd hernia and counting.

The reason that professionals use Glade Plugins is because they know if their studio smells like fart then it will render all the other plugins they already used in their mix basically useless since exposing your music to air that is more foul than beach ball day in the swimming pool down at the retirement home for senior citizens skews the natural squiggle of music in the air you exposed it to.

It's the same idea behind mixing on bad monitors in an untreated room since those are basically considered your ears. A bad mixing environment is just you trying to cook without eyesight or tastebuds while ripping ass and being able to smell it so much harder because you can't see shit or fuck so your senses are hightened.

When you finally do fork your liver out for a pair of decent monitors and then treat your room with better acoustics. Problem with soundproofing your room until you can hear your thoughts derping themselves from the distance then you will be left with a new issue which you didn't notice before because you were making music in an untreated room which sucked the aftermath of your Colon Bowlin' sessions.

Which mean your sulfur spuds are going to to be trapped in a jail cell full of diffusers, reflectors and bass traps with nowhere else to go but to eventually be entirely inhaled over days as they ruin your music. But a Glade Plugin is setting the stage and removing the noise floor out chyea!

@Glades Plug In

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
For all you old-timers, I sure hope Gabriel has $10K laying around so he can afford all these plug-ins

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
i like effects plugged in before my amp. and even some after, in the loop too. i like pulgins too i guess

Gabriel 1313

A minor slip
Reaction score
I know I speak for everyone when I say, wow.

I don/t get the wow bro. I don.t get your constant fucking remarks. I drove 180 miles to try a plug-in thru the best amp I could find. to make a comparison. It was just my personal experience. thought I would share it. so what. Did you need to fucking say stupid shi. I mean I key some words wrong, but it isbecause II have callus on my finger yips from practice so I miss a key stroke from time to time.

All I hear from you is sarcastic bullshit. no substance. I prefer to play.......

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I don/t get the wow bro.
I'm glad you figured out whatever it is you were trying to find out, but the thread is just kinda baffling.

"Plugins" is such a vague term that I have no idea why you drove what was probably several hours to try something you might have been able to download for free off the internet, or at a closer local shop or something. Or what about them was so mind-blowing. Or why you were stressed about it in the first place. Or what any of that has to do with noise gates. Or why having calluses prevents you from proof-reading before hitting send.

What exactly did you try when you said you "tried plugins"?