F7NGD (First 7 NGD) Carvin Content

• Thread starter Psyy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bananalyze

Reaction score
She's a beauty! :eek: Carvin does great finishes. How are the pickups? I just ordered a bridge pickup from Carvin for my 7321, hoping it would brighten up the muddy tone.

Seems like a real nice first 7 string. Props for getting something nicer than a 7321. :lol:

EDIT: my bad. I didn't read your whole review before posting. Now I look dumb for asking that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Nice choice - and I totally agree about most guitars needing a set-up after transit as well as the stock pickups being less than inspiring. Even with the active EQ they do suffer from an overload of bass.....but that's a beautiful guitar dude :)

mhickman2

The Abiding Dude
Reaction score
I ordered me a Carvin 727 back in may. Should get it the begining of july. I may end up sending it back though. Especially after I got the Blackmachine B6. I might want the $1600.00 back to apply to the quest of getting a Blackmachine B7.

Psyy

The Care Cup's Empty
Reaction score
She's a beauty! :eek: Carvin does great finishes. How are the pickups? I just ordered a bridge pickup from Carvin for my 7321, hoping it would brighten up the muddy tone.

Seems like a real nice first 7 string. Props for getting something nicer than a 7321. :lol:

EDIT: my bad. I didn't read your whole review before posting. Now I look dumb for asking that.

No worries man. I actually like the stock pickups for a few qualities (I actually can get a pretty decent tone when I'm not utilizing powerchords too much), but it's just I feel the bass really takes over the entire balance. If I hit, for example, my low A and then attempt to play something on the high E, the notes barely come through at all, and this remains constant pretty much up until the lower frets on the G.

But that's just my opinion. The overall quality of the guitar is still amazing, and I'm enjoying it way too much for something as small as a pickup issue to ruin it. :metal:

EDIT: Thanks for all the compliments guys! I would definitely recommend a Carvin for anyone who's a bit a the leery side. I can't speak for everyone's order, but mine certainly came through well, and if you enjoy playing fast, GET TUNG OIL! Holy God, it's made my playing so much more fluid, just by existing.

potatohead

Reaction score
I love Carvin, I have one on order myself right now.

I much prefer the non-rounded sides on the DC, I like the sharper lines. That flame is great on that one :hbang:

jaretthale78

7 stringed playa
Reaction score
congrats on the amazing guitar! i love my 747, i just wish it had a bigger scale length, you'll be playing eights in no time!