Fake Ibanez?

Reaction score
I was lurking one popular ebay-like site we have in latin america, and found out these Ibanezes which are not only published considerably cheaper than big retailers, but also look fishy. I have my reasons based on the pictures to consider them fake and I've reported them. I also wanna take active actions in spanish guitar forums to warn about these posts and user, but I'd like a second oppinion on them. Maybe I'm biased, but let me know what do you think and then I'll post again saying why I think these are fake:

Guitarra Electrica Jem 7v - Color Natural - Steve Vai - $ 3.699,99 en MercadoLibre

Guitarra Jem 7v - Espectacular! (steve Vai) - $ 3.999,99 en MercadoLibre

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost40

Dude
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm no ibby expert, there are tons of guys here that could probably say for sure, but I'm not sure Ibanez made a natural 7v. At least I haven't seen any. Not to mention the "J Craft" decal looks poorly placed.

Reaction score
yeah, they never made natural jems. Fake.

First sympthom, but aside from that, imagine that could be a weird limited edition from a couple years ago.

I'm no ibby expert, there are tons of guys here that could probably say for sure, but I'm not sure Ibanez made a natural 7v. At least I haven't seen any. Not to mention the "J Craft" decal looks poorly placed.

Yeah, the "J-Craft" seal is a big fake sign.

By watching the pictures, I could notice it's fake by many signs:

- The box is cheap as fuck for that guitar. If it's a Prestige, where's the hard shell?
- The J-Craft seal while the guy says it's made in Korea. Besides, I don't know if Prestiges have that horrid seal in the back of the headstock.

- The price and specs which goes as follows:

* Body: Mahogany/Basswood
* Neck: Mahogany/Maple
* Fingerboard/Inlay: Ebony 24 frets/Pearl block
* Scale/Nut Width "/111/16"
* Binding: Multi-ply top, back and headstock, single-ply fingerboard
* Bridge/Tailpiece: Tune-o-matic/Stop bar
* Hardware: Golden
* Pickups : Korea humbucker
* Controls: Two volume, two tone, three-way switch
* Strings: L P suitabled .009-.046

Yeah, I'm sure these are fake and I wanna take active actions against it. God, why people is so stupid? There are bunch of interested people and there's been sales of these craps...

Reaction score
The Lion Claw is so badly exaggerated :nono:

HAHAHA I love the "J-Craft" case :lol:

Something very wrong here!

Report :yesway:

Hahahah, I also laughed at the Tun-o-matic bridge...lol, they even give less value than it actually has.

I have reported it but as for now, they're still online...Now I've posted an informative thread in a popular site in this region; hopefully an acumulation of reports will make them take it out.

Insinfier

Reaction score
The thing that really stood out to me was the pickguard. It's practically off the guitar on the smaller horn. :/

Reaction score
I have to admit.. that is probably the nicest looking fake Ibanez I've seen!

Yeah...you know...I changed my mind. Just bought one to brag on-stage and make everyone think I have a Custom Jem.

JK, lol...I've reported the guy and it seems a lot of people is scared about this since I've published this matter in a popular site of my region. Hopefully there are many more reporting this user.

Reaction score
The thing that really stood out to me was the pickguard. It's practically off the guitar on the smaller horn. :/

Yeah, those are one of the signs that it's fake. But the bastards have improved the logo and the ending line in the headstock...

Not everybody is aware of this, mostly in Latin-America, so they may get recommended Ibanez as good guitars and they could buy one of these...

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
he already said in the answers that it isn't original, the thing is that he isn't clear about it in the product description

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
The biggest giveaways on these are generally the trem and the headstock. It looks like they've improved the lines on the headstock (earlier JEM Jr's just look plain goofy), but it still not perfect. However, the trem looks like a Takeuchi unit.

Impressive effort though. They even stamped the Ibanez logo into the trem.

Reaction score
he already said in the answers that it isn't original, the thing is that he isn't clear about it in the product description

He didn't include the "Ibanez" brand in the title and description, but NEITHER CLARIFIES that's a fake one.

The fact that he's selling counterfeit products is reason enough his posts and account are shutdown.

The biggest giveaways on these are generally the trem and the headstock. It looks like they've improved the lines on the headstock (earlier JEM Jr's just look plain goofy), but it still not perfect. However, the trem looks like a Takeuchi unit.

Impressive effort though. They even stamped the Ibanez logo into the trem.

Sure. Some stupid people justifies this saying it works fine...I wonder how well does that trem does against my original Ibanez LO-TRS trem hah, bet mine DOES keep on-tune. I don't even expect those trems to have a brand. They probably buy an original Jem and make moulds after the original metal parts.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Nothing about that looks right. The pickguard looks like it belongs to a different guitar.