Favorite 8 string metal bands?

• Thread starter LetheanShredRgd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
-meshuggah is the classic
-the new ion dissonance record makes good use of 8 strings
-portal is interesting and challenging, i wish they would write more actual riffs and go for a good sounding production though
-animals as leaders is some real good and versatile stuff [/edit]

everything else...i mostly don't care about. too many meshuggah riff-offs, not enough bands trying something different. sadly, because i love the lowest of the low tunings a lot.

i_love_tazzus

Out For Lunch
Reaction score
Meshuggah and Animals as Leaders. There are a few others such as the ones mentioned in this thread, but otherwise my fave 8 string sounds are non metal.

I could imagine the guys from serpents rise using 8's though. I'm not sure if there were even any 7's on the album...?

goat violator

Procrastinator
Reaction score
shitsøn;2104577 said:
-portal is interesting and challenging, i wish they would write more actual riffs and go for a good sounding production though

There are riffs a plenty, you just have to work harder to discern them!
The production is lo-fi on purpose, I dont think it will ever change somehow.
Music is best suited to vinyl and a dark room with headphones or Live!

Elijah

Reaction score
Meshuggah. IMO, every other band mentioned is horrible.

Shame on you :nono: Tosin is a great guitarist and his music is a perfect representative of how versatile and creative he is!

But hey, at least no one said Suicide Silence :lol:

Dehumanize

Banned
Reaction score
Shame on you :nono: Tosin is a great guitarist and his music is a perfect representative of how versatile and creative he is!

But hey, at least no one said Suicide Silence :lol:
He's a good guitarist and those EMG videos posted around here were great, but I can't sit and listen to his band, or any of these other 'djent' bands that are getting popular. I'm not into the prog metal/metalcore sound coming from these bands, but I'm keeping an eye open for something my style comes along on an 8-string.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
That's funny, most of the time I feel like an alien listening to this stuff but here, I'm like everyone else :lol:
Current favorite : Ion Dissonance, Periphery, Ihsahn, a few Danza songs I heard were hella cool, Whitechapel (not technically 8 strings but pitch shifted 7 LULZZ!!!1!11! )
All time favorite : No lie here, It'll always be Meshuggah for me :)