Fear Factory - Aggression Continuum

• Thread starter sonoftheoldnorth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I dunno. That guy sounds just like what he is - a cover band version of Burton. I wasn't all that impressed to be fair. That said, I have seen FF live back in the 90s and they sounded like shit then so I wasn't carrying a high bar for them thirty years later.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
im going to the NYC show next month, i guess we will see. i wont judge based on the covers. he has had well over a year to practice at this point. i dont need/want someone to be burt and hold his own. burt has been shot live for years so i think Milo has a good shot in that department. new material is what will make or break it IMO

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t mean this to cut the guy down in any way, but man, I am not getting “I have the balls to step into FF and all that comes along with that” vibes from him. The first thought that ran through my head was “Dino is going to chew this guy up and spit him out”.

He sounds pretty good with the cover, but that voice doesn’t exactly scream “I’m going to be able to pull this off night after night” and there’s auto tune all over the clean vocals. Not like Burton didn’t use a fuckton of it, but not something that inspires a lot of faith in me when it’s a cover the dude could have sang enough times to get it right.

(I know, I’m a boomer fuck or whatever because I prefer singing it right rather than using autotune, I really don’t give a fuck)
Yeah, I'm getting the same feeling. I'm not seeing any vibe coming from the guy vocally or personally. Can he sing the stuff to an acceptable standard? Kinda. Does he make me feel like 'Fuck yeah, I'm transported back to my teenage obsession with this band after years of bullshit and mediocrity'? Not so much.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm getting the same feeling. I'm not seeing any vibe coming from the guy vocally or personally. Can he sing the stuff to an acceptable standard? Kinda. Does he make me feel like 'Fuck yeah, I'm transported back to my teenage obsession with this band after years of bullshit and mediocrity'? Not so much.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. If this dude can at least sing in key for 50% of the set, he’ll already have Burton beat by about 99% of the way :lol: Who knows, he might get in front of an audience and once that adrenaline goes off he turns into a monster frontman.

I just expected a little ”more” from it, not so much vocal prowess, but the dude is singing in the safest way possible and is coming more from technique than feel.

All that said, I’m doing exactly the thing Dino wanted to avoid with the guy. I’d rather see this dude go tear it the fuck up than see him fail, I love a ton of Fear Factory songs and would love to see them ripping it up onstage.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. If this dude can at least sing in key for 50% of the set, he’ll already have Burton beat by about 99% of the way :lol: Who knows, he might get in front of an audience and once that adrenaline goes off he turns into a monster frontman.

I just expected a little ”more” from it, not so much vocal prowess, but the dude is singing in the safest way possible and is coming more from technique than feel.

All that said, I’m doing exactly the thing Dino wanted to avoid with the guy. I’d rather see this dude go tear it the fuck up than see him fail, I love a ton of Fear Factory songs and would love to see them ripping it up onstage.
True on all counts. Burton had the command and believable honesty but his vocals were always shocking live.

You're right, it just feels safe in the same way that Lauren Hart singing the Divine Heresy stuff just felt fake and staged. Both seem to be trying too hard instead of meaning what they're saying.

sonoftheoldnorth

Reaction score
I never got why Burt didn't use a ton of effects live to help him sing. It goes hand in hand with the whole cyber machine thing and would have sounded way better than his usual live vocals. Nobody bats an eyelid at guitar players smothering their tone in distortion, effects, eq's and compression.

This guy is technically a great singer and I'd like to see him rip it, but yeahhh... Agree with above posters.

Also, if any new music/albums get made with this new guy, who is gonna write the lyrics and what are they gonna be like? Will he just flat out imitate Burt's Style on this front too? Will Dino write them? Will they be totally different?

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm curious about the lyrics as well. I like Burt's lyrics/content but got tired of his vocal delivery on later releases... I'm hoping if it's Milo or if someone else comes in they can breathe new life into what they do.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
Dino should’ve gotten someone well known. This puts fear factory more in line with all those 80’s hair bands that only have the original bass player or drummer or something.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Whoever called Milo in this thread months again, kudos to you.

I’m more upset that Dino (unsurprisingly) lied to us. “He will be revealed with a new song.” I was really let down because they just did some lame ass reveal talky-talk video

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Wrong guy. This is MIlo.

The screaming isn’t bad but maaaaaan that chorus was really rough. Also have to agree just sounds like a cover of FF rather than a replacement. This is why he should’ve done what he said with a new song instead of a cover. Everyone is making these first impressions and majority say that it’s incredibly underwhelming. So when a new song releases, everyone will be super MEH on it.

Give it a few months and burton will be back :lol:

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
Who wants to see FF with just Dino? Either do the classic lineup or end the band imo

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
Weren’t they going to re-release The Industrialist with Mike on drums? Think that’s about all I’m interested in at this point.
dino said the rerecord is done and due in june 2023. i am interested in it myself. i dont think its a bad record but it didnt feel whole. the cymbal pack really annoyed me on that mix and i felt the synths were burred at times. guess we will see soon enough

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Jasta Show with Dino and Milo-

I haven’t heard it all yet, it’s more Jamey basically getting a biography on the dude. I’m only halfway through it so far, but I’d imagine some of the questions above about writing in the future will be addressed as that’s shit Jamey is generally pretty interested in.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
Jasta Show with Dino and Milo-

I haven’t heard it all yet, it’s more Jamey basically getting a biography on the dude. I’m only halfway through it so far, but I’d imagine some of the questions above about writing in the future will be addressed as that’s shit Jamey is generally pretty interested in.

na they didnt really talk about writing. it more him giving some insight to being on the next level of a touring band type stuff and more personal life stories

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
I think Milo sounds good in that dielectric cover, but I''ll echo the sentiment about him being able to sustain the vocals night after night. Hopefully FF can put out some cool new stuff. The last album was better than I expected it to be tbh.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Whoever called Milo in this thread months again, kudos to you.

I’m more upset that Dino (unsurprisingly) lied to us. “He will be revealed with a new song.” I was really let down because they just did some lame ass reveal talky-talk video
Exactly this. If they had released a track first of the guy sounding ferocious, I would have possibly looked past his lack of charisma as 'it will build with experience'. Doing it this way round leaves a feeling of 'Bet you can't play none, neither' (Kudos awarded for quote recognition)