Fear Factory - Aggression Continuum

• Thread starter sonoftheoldnorth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I didn't think they'd play anything from Archetype!
I didn't think they played anything after Demanufacture... or before Demanufacture... I thought they only played songs from Demanufacture. Oh, and that song from the Mortal Kombat soundtrack.

mortal-kombat-movie-characters.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
He's said in the past he likes a couple of songs from Archetype and Transgression. IIRC he really likes Archetype and My Grave (and he's right, so fucking dumb to not have that on the album. But noooo they had to put I Will Follow or Supernova lmao).

aesthyrian

Reaction score
His singing is a little pitchy in that performance of Archetype but since Burton set the bar so fucking low with his own terrible live performances, it makes this actually quite good. Hopefully he will only improve as time goes on. I do commend him for singing without a shit ton of backing tracks, I'll take that with a little imperfection over backing tracks any day.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
He's said in the past he likes a couple of songs from Archetype and Transgression. IIRC he really likes Archetype and My Grave (and he's right, so fucking dumb to not have that on the album. But noooo they had to put I Will Follow or Supernova lmao).

I had never heard My Gave before. I have no idea what crack they were smoking not to have this as the lead single on Transgression. That album was weak, but the song is great.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I had never heard My Gave before. I have no idea what crack they were smoking not to have this as the lead single on Transgression. That album was weak, but the song is great.
The best song from Transgression, but not on the *actual* album and you had to do some convoluted shit to even get it. :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Hope someone got fired for that blunder.
The punishment was working on Transgression in the first place The recording and production of that album was allegedly a shitshow.

Says a lot that the label they released the album under (Liquid 8/Calvin) folded the next year.

Also

1) The fucking label was riding on the success of this album, holy shit

and 2)

"Transgression, which many critics are saying is the band’s best album to date"

oh no...

S4M4R1N

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Agreed. Fear Factory is more of a Mildly Spooky Warehouse at this point.
Bro, let it go. "Not impressed then, not impressed now", but here we go stomping in a forum thread over and over again...

mastapimp

Reaction score
I'm really surprised they played this one as I've always viewed the lyrics as a big "Fuck you!" to Dino...referencing the "infection has been removed", "the soul of this machine has improved" , "malignancies on the system will handicap, slow up, and rust"

Maybe he's spinning it around to shit on Burton by playing it.