Fear Factory - Aggression Continuum

• Thread starter sonoftheoldnorth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Doesn’t he have 2 pups with sd right now? Retribution and machete (which was passive yes)?

Machete is an active pickup in a passive mount.

I like how Tony is all "I'm here to play bass" and just kills it lol
Yeah the Machete is iirc a hybrid of the Duality and Retribution. It uses the coils from the Duality with different polepieces (and magnets?) and the preamp from the Retribution. Allegedly Dino wanted to make it a production model but it remained stuck in the Ormsby sigs. Idk the full story there.

But yeah I'm wondering with Fishman offered. They must have had some $$$ because it was the same thing with Mick; they both already had sig models.

Also I love Tony. Dude's an extremely tight bass player live. Was a great move getting him on board.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Yeah the Machete is iirc a hybrid of the Duality and Retribution. It uses the coils from the Duality with different polepieces (and magnets?) and the preamp from the Retribution. Allegedly Dino wanted to make it a production model but it remained stuck in the Ormsby sigs. Idk the full story there.

But yeah I'm wondering with Fishman offered. They must have had some $$$ because it was the same thing with Mick; they both already had sig models.

Also I love Tony. Dude's an extremely tight bass player live. Was a great move getting him on board.
Tony is damn awesome, my ex and I went to see Asesino and the show ran a bit late, which made us miss our cat feeding/medication time, so I asked Tony how long until they went on and he said "like 10 mins" so I asked if they could possibly wait until we got back from feeding our cat as we lived really close, he looked over at Dino and both laughed and said "sure I'll give you 15 mins, but hurry, don't keep that cat waiting!" so when we got back, they were barely taking the stage and gave me a thumbs up lol.

Werecow

Reaction score
Milo and Dino singing together on Zero Signal sounded so fucking good.
I've always loved that song, and especially the singing in that outro with the killer chord changes behind it. That's definitely the best i've ever heard them do that song live.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Machete is an active pickup in a passive mount.

I like how Tony is all "I'm here to play bass" and just kills it lol
I like how Tony also has a fat, organic bass tone. Works really well in tight mechanical music, has the human element.

S4M4R1N

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In an interview, Mike Heller was asked why he looks so tight behind the kit, not headbanging with the rest of the band etc. To which Mike replied, roughly, that throughout the catalog, every Fear Factory album gets more technical and and harder to play. With the exception of Mechanize, the easiest material on drums after debut album. While Digimortal is the hardest from classic era, The Industrialist and especially Genexus are very tough and in some parts almost inhuman.

After I saw Fear Factory live with their current line-up, like many, I also thought that Pete was not as tight as Mike on live footage. But Pete puts so much energy into playing and really digs into the kit. For live purposes, it works really well, so I think it's fine. I think of Mike as an improvement over Gene Holgan - on point, tight, very technical. Pete is an improvement over Raymond Herrera - goes hard, very energetic, but still technical.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
Tony is damn awesome, my ex and I went to see Asesino and the show ran a bit late, which made us miss our cat feeding/medication time, so I asked Tony how long until they went on and he said "like 10 mins" so I asked if they could possibly wait until we got back from feeding our cat as we lived really close, he looked over at Dino and both laughed and said "sure I'll give you 15 mins, but hurry, don't keep that cat waiting!" so when we got back, they were barely taking the stage and gave me a thumbs up lol.

Tony's one of the chillest artists i've ever met. His tone is absolutely unreal, he plays tight as nails live and serves the track and not his ego.

Absolute hero.