Fear Factory singer replacement?

• Thread starter wakjob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yes he does. Saw them in Switzerland in November last year and his singing was great. Whole band played real tight too. His joining the band is part of it being alive today so let's just appreciate that we can enjoy the songs live, and sung in tune.
Makes me wonder what happened with the drums during the Hellfest show. Pete sounded pretty rough, especially at the beginning. Guess he was having monitor issues throughout the show?

RiffRaff

Reaction score
Makes me wonder what happened with the drums during the Hellfest show. Pete sounded pretty rough, especially at the beginning. Guess he was having monitor issues throughout the show?
I saw Fear Factory a few months ago and they were ridiculously tight with Pete nailing it. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and going to say it must have been monitoring/in-ear issues.

Can you imagine? You have a slightly off show and your career and musical ability gets questioned. Poor bloke. :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I saw Fear Factory a few months ago and they were ridiculously tight with Pete nailing it. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and going to say it must have been monitoring/in-ear issues.

Can you imagine? You have a slightly off show and your career and musical ability gets questioned. Poor bloke. :lol:
He's got the unfortunate title of replacing a really talented drummer, plus having all this happen on their first ***Big*** (and televised/livestreamed) show with the new lineup.

neurosis

Reaction score
Everybody is talking about Pete's sync but I just couldn't get over how passive the band looked onstage. I also didn't like how obviously intentional some of the aesthetic choices for the singers presentation felt. Also... most screams/growls were drowned in reverb. Overall sound was good though–these Arte streams always deliver. I wonder what this incarnation of the band will be able to write. Still a fan, just a little annoyed :D

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Everybody is talking about Pete's sync but I just couldn't get over how passive the band looked onstage. I also didn't like how obviously intentional some of the aesthetic choices for the singers presentation felt. Also... most screams/growls were drowned in reverb. Overall sound was good though–these Arte streams always deliver. I wonder what this incarnation of the band will be able to write. Still a fan, just a little annoyed :D
A lot of those complaints (well except for Milo's fit) have been a thing with FF for a long time now lol. The tons of effects on Milo's voice was probably a holdover from Burton, and the band has been stiff on stage ever since the Mechanize days. I'm also guessing Milo was probably nervous due to a huge festival crowd.

neurosis

Reaction score
A lot of those complaints (well except for Milo's fit) have been a thing with FF for a long time now lol. The tons of effects on Milo's voice was probably a holdover from Burton, and the band has been stiff on stage ever since the Mechanize days. I'm also guessing Milo was probably nervous due to a huge festival crowd.
Hehe... yeah I know it's been a thing for a while. Shocking stage presence during Mechanize in particular if you consider what an incredible album that is. I can see Milo being intimidated by that crowd but don't understand the "holdover from Burton" part. The guy is not in the band so not his fault if they also shield Milo behind affects. I suppose it's Dino's call. I am really curious about a new album. Maybe at that point Milo will have a stronger personality and command. I still see the current phase as a transition of sorts.

sonoftheoldnorth

Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority, but I think they should go all out on the vocal effects. Don't understand why Burt didn't autotune or whatever to make his live performances more tolerable. It's the perfect band to embrace that kind of stuff with the whole machine thing. Nothing wrong with it in context imo, just the same as guitar effects.

The new singer is technically much better. But it's kinda lame he doesn't have his own style or personality. He'd be exceptional in a cover band... But it's the real band. It's a weird feeling.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I didn't read it as blaming Burton, I just took from it that they kept the vocal rig/patches the same.
Yeah I'm assuming everything in the show (vocal/guitar/bass effect and patch changes, click track, backing tracks, etc) are all on a MIDI click track and they just kept the effects from the Burton era lol